PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Here goes for Thursday

1. Made the sponge for DD birthday cake which is too big. Cut it down to smaller size and used some for after dinner, had vanilla sponge and home made custard. Very nice it was too.

2. Froze remaining off cuts of sponge to use for sponge fingers in a trifle at a later date. (3 puddings in one) this fills me with joy!

3. DS swam his first length. It has been painful to get to this stage but he finally got there. Very proud mum.:D

4. Got extra hours at work today. Not great that I had to work but extra money will be put into my savings!

5. DD has discovered peanut butter and loves it, which is a good thing because I have two jars of it in the cupboard and only me that likes it.

Have a good evening.
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wah lost long post. ��

Thank you for you pleasures, night all x
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • Pancakes, peanut butter! Gosh. no No No No No No No No No. Avoid. How many times have I mentioned proper foods and you lot go nuts!
    Ms Penelope. Peanut butter. Non no no no no no no no. Don't come round here saying that.

No pleasures today, taxman DD taken. Argggggh. Accountant getting sacked in the morning. Taxman took too much VAT.

On that, have a nice day!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Some pleasure for the last few days,

Sunny afternoon for the internment of DM's ashes, listened to the blackbird song which she would have loved.

Time spent with family, tea, cake and memories.

More sunshine, my dogs lying in patches of it and snoozing.

Eldest hollow-legged SS won a cup with his Uni footie team, proud proud.

The little Owl, we hear it most evenings now when we take the girls for last walk.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    What a silly week here. In very brief, no word from Super Job (annoyingly, a quarter of the job I used to do for 10 years so I thought I might at least get an interview). Bigger son continues to go completely off the rails. Smaller son upset and angry about that. Tired, no money and, for FOURTH TIME, half my back tooth snapped off today. Phoned dentist and they have used all their NHS funding until April. Not sure what to do until then as snapped off edge is razor sharp.

Some pleasures for this week!

1) Hens continue to operate sensibly.

2) Gave my colleague half a dozen eggs today as she has helped me with my coursework.

3) I will finish whole of NVQ by the end of the day!

4) 2 parents of other children going down the same route as bigger son have contacted me and I know 1 (2?) have contacted school, not sure if they've also phoned police...

5) Smaller son has chosen his GCSEs but still hasn't dared take the form in, in case he changes his mind.

6) My friend has got him some chef's whites.

7) House surprisingly clean and tidy.

8) Good builder who re-did the bathroom has texted about quoting for a new porch...

9) Football practice tonight for smaller son.

10) Local football match for him to watch tomorrow (£1 for a child!)

That's about it for now.
  • 1) Family, particularly Grandsons whose smiles light up the day.

2) Getting Zebra up this morning, I heard him singing and when I went into his bedroom he was cuddling a toy duck who apparently was sad and crying so he sang it the 'ABC' song to make it happy again.

3) Many pleasures during their stay this week, the Zoo, taking Zebra swimming, feeding the Koi carp at the garden centre and giving Zebra his first bus ride yesterday afternoon which he loved.

4) Free wood, Cookie dogs pub are having trees taken down in the garden and have a couple of very large and heave garden tables to dispose of all of which will fill up the cradles in the log pile very nicely for next winter, we never turn down wood!

5) Getting back to routine, having enjoyed family time so very much getting back to 'our' lives is pleasant too.
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today's pleasures.

1. The new washing machine was delivered and plumbed in by nine o'clock this morning and it works! I hate replacing white goods as things often go pear shaped but all credit here to the Currys delivery lads who were so helpful and friendly :)
    2. The washing pile is no more :)
    3. There was funding in the 'white goods account' to pay easily, if not happily, for the new washing machine.
    4. The ginger ninja has a new squeaky toy and sings to it with his tail wagging, it makes me chuckle.
    5. MrC has just brought a huge bag full of purple sprouting broccoli from the allotment. It's my favourite veg.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 10 March 2017 at 4:48PM
    Frith wrote: »
    Not sure what to do until then as snapped off edge is razor sharp.

Some pleasures for this week!

1) Hens continue to operate sensibly.
    Do you have a dental hospital in driveable distance? It may constitute an emergency if it endangers your oral health.
    ... and b, I have to ask...

What do the hens do when they operate recklessly?

I have energy today.
    With the drain on my body from constant arthritis pain over the last few years I had literally forgotten what this was like. Usually I operate whilst feeling just ok, or not ok but having to carry on.

I have no idea where the energy came from, but I intend to repeat what I did, in case it was any of those things. This includes taking some vitamin supplements I was sent to review.

So, lots of little triumphs. These are 1 to whenever...

Discarded rubbish in flowerbed picked up and binned.
    Bit of weeding done on patio.
    Items awaiting rehoming stored to MY liking following DD tidyup and a vital storage / move items around plastic tub freed up for my use.
    Recycling recycled.
    Bag in outhouse full of Dr Cs car bits emptied. Blue badge parking disc in pristine condition discovered.
    Parking disc in use, in handbag, is worn and near unreadable.
    Above bag used by Dr C is now in use for storage and transportation of recycling.
    Reduced membership of professional organisation applied for.
    Work invoice sent off.

OH YES GET IN! THEY HAVE JUST ANNOUNCED ON THE NEWS THAT JACK MONROE WON THEIR CASE AGAINST KATIE HOPKINS! £24 000 COMPENSATION! HAPPY DAYS.

(Selfish note.... I hope this means the cookbook of Jack's I crowdfunded reaches me sometime soon. )
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Austin_Allegro
    Austin_Allegro Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    • A walk along the beach before work.
    • Finding some firewood and plant pots being given away free outside a house.
    • Buying some fruit from the old fashioned greengrocer's in the village.
    • Going to choir practice at the parish church.
    • A glass of homemade wine (rosehip).
    'Never keep up with Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper.' Quentin Crisp
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1-501 I have accepted a new contract, I start next week - very happy. It’s nice to be able to make plans again.:j:beer::j but no money for a while yet. I am going to have to budget to weekly pay.

2 I re food planned and made it a bit fun as well,:o well that is if the home cooking works out. Today also felt like a milestone as I chucked on a top and trousers that fit far better.

3 I walked up to the hospital for the usual thyroid blood test, nice that it’s over.

4 Spent some time in the front garden tidying and trimming up so crocuses could grow through, tidied all up to the point of 2 very full big bin bags, and ran a broom around the front doorway where things gather, just a little love has made it look a lot better. And splashes of colour where the primulas are growing in vivid pink.:)

5 Number 1 is starting to sink in.:rotfl:probably just as well as I was enjoying myself far to much feeling semi retired..

6 The washing is all up to date.:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport