Earn at home

Daisydoop
Daisydoop Posts: 42 Forumite
edited 2 January 2015 at 9:34PM in Boost your income
Hi sorry if this has been covered before, MSE is very new to me still, well money saving in general is new to me! But I've had my light bulb moment and 2015 is bringing a new me!

Just wondering how everyone boosts their income and roughly by how much? How long would you say you spend earning at home?

Hope that's not too personal, I'm sure a lot of newbies could gain insight from the people who know what they're doing and in turn know what they're talking about?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    £14,000+ in 2014. Aiming for a similar amount in 2015, or even more if possible :rotfl: A wide variety of ways. I have covered this in numerous threads before. Almost all of the methods I use are found here on MSE, you'll want to read some of the individual threads.

Good luck to you and I hope that you can achieve your MSe related goals in no time.
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Between £2,000 and £5,000 per annum, depending how enthusiastic I'm feeling and how busy my life is otherwise. I spend up to two hours each evening but only do things I enjoy. I work full time so any 'home' earnings are a nice bonus.
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Nowhere near what the people above do!

I also work full time and don't go on the computer every day (plus I'm easily distracted by interesting online conversations) so I stick to mainly survey sites and the odd competition. I don't do the daily clicks or review sites as I get bored too easily. Surveys, maybe a few hundred pounds a year which pays for Christmas, and the competition wins give me treats rather than making money as I end up keeping stuff instead of selling it on. In fact some wins cost me, as if it's a holiday then you need spending money, insurance etc to go with it.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I think that Katy should add for clarity that this is also 'her job'. I think it would be unrealistic for someone to a) expect to achieve those figures if they have a full or part-time job, b) expect that they could achieve that in the first year, even if it was their only job and c) I have never met anyone else achieving that kind of figure. I am not knocking Katy in that final statement, as she clearly works hard at what she does. But I think the OP should fully understand the situation.

I am doing this alongside a part-time job and purely to boost our household income. I achieve around £5,000 a year, but I don't see many others achieving that kind of figure either. I doubt it would be achievable if you have a full-time job.

What Katy and I do show, is that it's all down to the effort you are prepared to put in. That includes reading this forums religiously and signing up to the weekly email update! I'm sure as others add their figures, you'll get a realistic average.

Good luck- it's changed our lives for the better! :)
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Thanks very much for your replies! Amazed at how well you all do, even just a couple of hundred pounds is fantastic.
    It just seems so complicated! I registered with quidco opinions before but have never got a survey through so figured all of the websites would be few and far between!
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I have only started "boosting" my income around Last September and so far I have managed to earn around £250. This is spending 1-2 hours every day and first few weeks were slower as I was "learning".

Also figures generally include vouchers from different website let's say Amazon. Earning £20 Amazon voucher takes shorter than earning £20 paypal payment.
    ally.
  • Sanne
    Sanne Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've only done surveys last year and got around £400 - £500 I'd guess - didn't keep track! This was a mixture of vouchers and paypal payments. I've got a full time job and only done those in the evenings when I fancied so could have made more had I filled out every single one.
  • I have a full time job and earn extra outside that mainly through people per hour and as a websearch evaluator. I earn on average £600 per month from wse. I joined people per hour in august and have averaged £400 per month on there. As it is, its many hours of work on top of a full time job and i wouldnt want to keep doing it all forever......but im determined to get rid of my debt so working all i can right now.
  • Hi daisydoop, I started using swagbucks at the beginning of October and just before Christmas I managed to get a £50 paypal voucher. If you shop online use a cashback site like Top Cash Back, it can take months for the cashback to go into your account but it's worth the wait. On swagbucks I do surveys, offers and shopping (but there's not much choice on the shops). I work part time so usually swagbuck in the evenings. I don't use any other sites as I'm happy making a little bit of money to treat myself every now and then for my crafting supplies.

I really recommend swagbucks and if you use the mse link you get free swagbucks into your account when you reach a certain amount of points.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 January 2015 at 3:46PM
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    I think that Katy should add for clarity that this is also 'her job'. I think it would be unrealistic for someone to a) expect to achieve those figures if they have a full or part-time job, b) expect that they could achieve that in the first year, even if it was their only job and c) I have never met anyone else achieving that kind of figure. I am not knocking Katy in that final statement, as she clearly works hard at what she does. But I think the OP should fully understand the situation.

I am doing this alongside a part-time job and purely to boost our household income. I achieve around £5,000 a year, but I don't see many others achieving that kind of figure either. I doubt it would be achievable if you have a full-time job.

What Katy and I do show, is that it's all down to the effort you are prepared to put in. That includes reading this forums religiously and signing up to the weekly email update! I'm sure as others add their figures, you'll get a realistic average.

Good luck- it's changed our lives for the better! :)

Oh, just to clarify, my actual online job earns me another £25,000. That isn't something that people can just join up to a website and earn though, so I didn't bother to mention that. Hope that is clarification enough. I don't go on about this, because why be smug?!

The £14,000-£15,000 is what I make from the sites I've joined via MSE, my own website and cashback and such like. All of the things I've mentioned elsewhere on MSE numerous times. I put in between 2 and 5 hours some days, other days absolutely nothing. This week for example I've done about 4 surveys and one post for my website, maybe two, I've made £130 ish.

Also, I achieved the £14,000-£15,000 in my first full year, from 1st January - 31st December, at home, so it is possible. With regards to other people not achieving this they are out there, mostly on 'The Money Shed'.

I imagine the other reason people don't say what they earn is because of people picking holes in them constantly. Nothing is to be gained by inventing a figure, or constantly offering to help others, apart from the odd occasion someone uses a referral link or something. I have had no less than 38 messages in the last week, not all of them polite, from people expecting me to help them. I have replied to every single one of them but to be frank I'm considering just feigning ignorance on this type of thread in the future, as clearly my amounts annoy some people :rotfl:. This part isn't aimed specifically at you Wizzbang, as I realise I've quoted you above, but people don't know me, they know what I choose to share. I'm thinking that will become less and less as lately I'm sick of people sending me PMs and not even using a please or thank you. I'm sure plenty of people will clarify too that I do reply, and try and help everyone who messages me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback