Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Comments

• Grocery spend for April so far is £222.97 so will see what is spent next week and the following weekend we are away at a lodge so not sure if to factor in what we spend as away with another couple and their dogs as well as taking some stuff with us is cereal, juice, snacks, etc but dinner stuff will be bought when needed.
    Hubbiw got another builder to come to see us a week on Tuesday and then we can decide who does the work and when. Builder 2 is a someone our archite t knows but just went into business so not too sure about this.
    Off out for dinner with friends and kids at grans and then collect them tomorriw and go to a park to roll our eggs and have a picnic - fingers crossed its mainly dry tomorrow.
  • Grocery spend for April so far is £222.97 so will see what is spent next week and the following weekend we are away at a lodge so not sure if to factor in what we spend as away with another couple and their dogs as well as taking some stuff with us is cereal, juice, snacks, etc but dinner stuff will be bought when needed.

Hubbie got another builder to come to see us a week on Tuesday and then we can decide who does the work and when. Builder 2 is a someone our architect knows but just went into business so not too sure about this.

Off out for dinner with friends and kids at grans and then collect them tomorriw and go to a park to roll our eggs and have a picnic - fingers crossed its mainly dry tomorrow.
  • Schoolworker
    Schoolworker Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Need to work out grocery spends for April as it fell by the wayside but I have receipts so will try to work out.

Just back from weekend away with friends and it was great. Dry weather and got in the hot tub twice whilst away.

Still waiting estimate of works from builder 2 and then can make our decision after we have been to our local nw branch on 16rh may to find out If we will get more money for our extension. Need to look out all paperwork that they are requesting we take with us.

Hubbie got a nice bonus so putting into savings in case we need this over above the amount we will be requesting. Only going to overpay mortgage by £220 this month and put more money into our savings to use. Since not sure if I should continue to overpay as it was going against us but will see what they say when we visit them in may.
  • Schoolworker
    Made an overpayment the other day of £220. Whilst in branch spoke to mortgage advisor who we will be seeing to find out what paperwork to take with us on 16th may. I got an email from them with a big list of paperwork to take but do not need all this.
    Mortgage advisor phoned me in the afternoon and we got the mortgage in principal so we know the meeting is OK to go ahead with.
    Byulder2 due to send estimate next week and will see what it is. Not contacting any builder until after mortgage meeting.

I think we are nearly at my savings target for contingency and extra spends so will continue to do this until we know when works will start. Hoping this will be sorted out this month and start august.

Off out to meet friends today at a park with picnic so should be good.
    Grocery spends for April was £310.50. I'm not sure I think it was a 5 week month and had extra alcohol drinks bought for our weekend away last weekend which was great and we all enjoyed that there's talk of going back there next year with the couple and their 2 dogs.
  • Schoolworker
    Grocery spends currently stands at £194.80. Got my deal from Iceland so they are giving me £12 on my bonus card plus I have £11 saved do after 20th may I have £23 to spend as free on my groceries. Looking forward to using it

Going to mortgage advisor on Tuesday so me and hubbie have to talk about what product we are thinking of of g for and then we can discuss the full details with the advisor.

Not heard from builder 2 yet - not chasing this up so will probably go with builder 1 and believe they are reasonable price. Then the homework will to price up kitchen and bathroom fittings to see if I have budgeted the right price for this
    I nominated myself for the secretary role of my kids PTA.
    Off out to friends with the kids for a takeaway and drinks tonight.
  • Schoolworker
    Completed the application for extra borrowing on Tuesday and will find in the next several weeks if passed by the underwriters.

Spoke to our builder and have discussed a start date of 28th August. Aim for the next 3 months if to continue to overpay my smaller amount and continue to put money away in savings in case needed. Will need to start to do my homework of looking at kitchens and bathrooms etc. Exciting times ahead and no doubt stressful times also. Good friends who live round the corner are willing to put us up for several weeks when they do the break through.

Notified by about needing to move a telephone line which goes across our airspace to our neighbours house. They were due to do this work yesterday but went to the wrong neighbour so Hubble needs to reorganise this work to do done prior to end August,
  • Schoolworker
    Busy weekend ahead as out to theatre with daughter and friend and her daughter to see grease, we are off out for dinner first and theatre on Saturday. Sunday - meeting up with a friend for friend at Pizza Hut for a long awaited catch up.

Need to phone see to discuss them trying to increase my electricity by £4 - I know it not much of an increase but why when I'm in credit by £28. I will phone to discuss fully with them on Monday also got credit in gas of nearly £50 and they wAnt to reduce by £1 - not sure why they are suggesting this but will discuss on Monday.

Need to buy a 60th present for a friends mum as going to a party soon - thinking cap on,
  • Schoolworker
    Well managed to get a 60th present for friends mum as its her party this Saturday. Bought a nice leather purse and sparkly bracelet ( which she can wear to several weddings she will be attending in the near future).

Grocery spend for May is £241.07. I shopped at Liddell with a £5 off voucher and used some of my nectar points to get fruit. This coming Saturday will shop at Iceland use up my money on my bonus card which is £23 so hoping it will not be too much more. Off school with the kids on Friday and Monday so will see what we will do for very little money as not paid until next Wednesday and Thursday.
  • Schoolworker
    Can't believe it's the 1st of June and only 27 days until school finishes - earlier for me as I only work wed to Friday. Awaiting payment of cash back from my bank as I used our debit card at a supermarket in May so will transfer this and a few other pounds extra to the mortgage.

Continuing to overpay. Trying to contact the builder as not received written letter from him with our start date. Awaiting decision from nationwide about if we get the extra borrowing. Friends of us have said that we can stay with them and in their house whilst they are away on holiday which will be great and much better for the kids.

Dd has a gymnastic competition on Sunday so I will speculating this. Ds was at his school trip today at the puppet theatre in bigger and had a great time. Been rushing about sorting our daughters dress for our local gala day as she is the flower girl and we have lots of stuff to decorate the front of the house and garden. 2 weeks until the big day. The dress is lovely but needs some alterations.
  • Schoolworker
    Hiya weekly shop for June so far is £109.59. I hope to pull this in over the next few weeks and still stay in budget.

Spoke to builder after several missed calls and no reply to text or email and he has now sent an email to confirm start date. Will speak to him nearer the time as we want a payment/stage letter though I think he is reluctant to give this to us but will pester him in August nearer the time.

Ds was very upset and did not go to sleep himself last night as talking about baddies coming to get him and him not wanting to be dead. I think he has spotted the news about the London attack and he is thinking about the attack in Manchester. What is the world coming to trying to console an upset 5yr old is about dying by baddies. I hope they do not discuss too much at school this week as they have for the previous attacks.

Waiting for bt to move a line which is crossing our garden this morning so off to do some ironing whilst waiting for them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback