Tesco Savings DDs

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    I wonder if the poster means that Tesco are planning to withdraw the ability to setup DD mandates on 13 January, with those already setup by that date being allowed to continue until 22 April?

Wouldn't that need to have been covered by the T&C's change though?

The same applies to the other possible interpretaion of withdrawing the DD option for new accounts opened after 13 Jan. Unless they are going to issue another new version of the T&C's....
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Wouldn't that need to have been covered by the T&C's change though?

The same applies to the other possible interpretaion of withdrawing the DD option for new accounts opened after 13 Jan. Unless they are going to issue another new version of the T&C's....

It's a bit of guesswork. The poster may have heard/interpreted incorrectly. Bank staff of course are never guilty of giving out incorrect information!
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Bank staff of course are never guilty of giving out incorrect information!

Perish the thought :rotfl:

"Prior to 22 April 2018 regular or one off payments can be made by setting up a Direct Debit via Online Banking."

Seems to settle the issue, though.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    and think I have just managed to replace all those DDs I needed! (turned out I could cancel a couple without me realising that fact)
    Small headache solved.
    Now even more a/cs open- with savings- so it hasn't streamlined the process !! That would be far tooooo easy.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Maybe I heard wrong about the exact day, but I am 100% sure the Tesco Rep said i Could not make new DD's, at some point in January.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Mikkelzzz3 wrote: »
    Maybe I heard wrong about the exact day, but I am 100% sure the Tesco Rep said i Could not make new DD's, at some point in January.

The problem is that if you were to phone them again, you'd likely get somebody else, and a different tale to go with it!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Maybe I heard wrong about the exact day, but I am 100% sure the Tesco Rep said i Could not make new DD's, at some point in January.

You might be 100% sure about what the Tesco rep said, but they were 100% wrong.

The revised Internet Saver & Instant Access Savings Accounts T&Cs state (amongst other things)

'We are making changes to the way in which you can fund your Account. In particular, as of 22nd April 2018 you will not be able to fund your Account by way of Direct Debit. On this date all Direct Debits set up on your Account will be cancelled. No further Direct Debits can be set up from this date.'

Which is crystal clear.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    badger09 wrote: »
    You might be 100% sure about what the Tesco rep said, but they were 100% wrong.

The revised Internet Saver & Instant Access Savings Accounts T&Cs state (amongst other things)

'We are making changes to the way in which you can fund your Account. In particular, as of 22nd April 2018 you will not be able to fund your Account by way of Direct Debit. On this date all Direct Debits set up on your Account will be cancelled. No further Direct Debits can be set up from this date.'

Which is crystal clear.

Not on the highlighted issue - but

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73484948&postcount=533

is :)
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I believe the source of confusion re 13th January date is because that is the date the new T&Cs are effective - ie the end of the notice period changing the existing T&Cs.

In the 'new' T&Cs it is ending the facility to set up DDs and is cancelling existing DDs at 22nd April.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177&page=4 2nd line on page in picture post #68
  • Well after just discovering this while I wait on my Xmas dinner I've been having a browse as I try to see what other people are doing to try and work around all this and then I got to the following post....
    adindas wrote: »
    It is not April 1, yet is not it ??
    The clue is: first time poster with user name. Scarecrow.
    He might be chuckling after reading the response he has got from the thread he has started. For first time poster, it does not really matter even if you get banned on MSE for spreading a hoax.

But I will not rule out, it might be true as it is expected that it will happen at some point in the future anyway.

But to me start investing time before at least another person a non-first time posters confirm it, NOPE.

And thought how very typical of the MSE community :)

Everyone always thinks something is going on, someone is up to no good.

Makes me wonder whether most of you are management where I work!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure