HMRC Repayment Pending

Comments

• Hello, I am in the same situation.
    Filled on 6th requested on 8th and gone in Pending on 9th.
    I have waited until today but nothing.
    Today I called them and first been told that I should get it by Monday but after telling the lady that I know people who submitted after me and got their repayments she transferred me to another department.
    The other lady said it is going thru additional security checks and that I will receive it by 18 May if everything ok.
    I was surprised because in the last 4 years I went security checked 3 times. And they say only 1 in 10 gets thru the extra security checks.
    Now I do not understand what are this security checks? If they want to be sure it's me why don't they ask me to go to an HMRC office and show them my id and confirm it's me who requested the repayment. Why do they need almost 4 weeks to check me?
    Or this is about the figures I submitted and they are checking if I am not dodging tax?
    If anybody knows please advise.
    I know from previous years that these security checks usually take about 2-3 weeks and I could use the money asap.
  • timmy711
    timmy711 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Same here buddy I'm.kinda desperate for it.
  • oster107
    oster107 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Im still a little cautious as they talk the talk i got told this last week about security abd ive called nearly everyday just to be pain ive been posting on here since bout the 8th lol im hoping it changes to issued tmoz but not sure how many they do a week
  • No bud..issued yesterday,still waiting to clear but the update is a day old.should be clear tomorrow
  • millystar
    millystar Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post
    to those expecting letters mid may - what do you expect they'll say? since a few have mentioned that they'll write with a 'decision'? surely they have to issue your tax if you can prove it's owed to you?
    WINS 2012 Cheque £50 - Fearless Fred
  • oster107
    oster107 Posts: 75 Forumite
    They told me now that could be issued soon as they are working through backlog
  • No bud..issued yesterday,still waiting to clear but the update is a day old.should be clear tomorrow

It takes 3 days to clear dosnt ??
  • what does bank repayment mean, does this mean its been issued?
  • Frank90
    Frank90 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Just called 0300 200 3310 number off hmrc site got through to automated service to be told repayments taking up to 5 weeks and not to call again before 10th June. What number should I be calling ?
  • Frank90 wrote: »
    Just called 0300 200 3310 number off hmrc site got through to automated service to be told repayments taking up to 5 weeks and not to call again before 10th June. What number should I be calling ?

Go back though posts might be another good luck
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure