Fuels4U

I ordered some New Flame (smokeless solid fuel, low ash, high heat) from the above at the end of 2017. It turned up at the beginning of 2018 but was definitely not New Flame. I complained and despite being told I would receive an uplift I have just had it replaced with more New Flame. This is apparently a new batch they have received however, it has still come in the same old bag with handwritten New Flame on it. It is still definitely not New Flame but what I would like to know is what it may be.

It burns leaving a considerable amount of ash, which is a very heavy red colour. It doesn't give off masses of heat (more a coal heat than smokeless fuel) It is colouring my wood burner a kind of red brick colour.

They don't have a phone number, just email which is pot luck if you receive a reply. I have used them before and didn't have a problem but this batch of fuel is shocking.

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    redlady_1 wrote: »
    I ordered some New Flame (smokeless solid fuel, low ash, high heat) from the above at the end of 2017. It turned up at the beginning of 2018 but was definitely not New Flame. I complained and despite being told I would receive an uplift I have just had it replaced with more New Flame. This is apparently a new batch they have received however, it has still come in the same old bag with handwritten New Flame on it. It is still definitely not New Flame but what I would like to know is what it may be.

It burns leaving a considerable amount of ash, which is a very heavy red colour. It doesn't give off masses of heat (more a coal heat than smokeless fuel) It is colouring my wood burner a kind of red brick colour.

They don't have a phone number, just email which is pot luck if you receive a reply. I have used them before and didn't have a problem but this batch of fuel is shocking.

It could be anything.
    You could try reporting the matter to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline, in the remote hope that your local trading standards will come and investigate.
    Unfortunately with all the cuts to their service, it's extremely unlikely they will, unless you get a lot of people to make a similar complaint against the supplier.

Otherwsie, you are left with finding an expert of your own to investigate and identify what exactly you have been supplied with.
    If, with this evidence, it fails to conform to contract, you can file a civil claim against the supplier.

Whilst you may not have the supplier's phone number, their registered office is shown on their website (you can double check it at companies house website) where you can serve your claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure