TSB Classis Plus

Hi folks,

I'm proper confused with the TSB Classic Plus accounts so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have had 2 TSB Classic Plus accounts for a while now. They were earning 3% (I think) for balances up to £2000. They also gave 5% cashback for using Contactless payments up to £5 every month on each account.

I've realised now that they have stopped this in the last month or 2 and they now have a new Classic Plus account advertised on their website. However, to qualify for the new perks, it says you must have opened your account from 1 March 2017.

What does this mean for my existing Classic Plus account then? Does it still earn interest up to £2k but without any contactless cashback perks? I also assume I don't qualify for the 2 direct debit £5 cashback either?

:mad:

Thanks

:beer:

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,270 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They used to pay interest of 5% up to £2000. Now it's 3% up to £1500. The contactless cashback will have expired unless you opened your account after June 2016. None of the new perks will apply to you.

Not sure of the reason for the :mad: . That's how introductory offers work.
  • jimmeee
    jimmeee Posts: 444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    masonic wrote: »
    They used to pay interest of 5% up to £2000. Now it's 3% up to £1500. The contactless cashback will have expired unless you opened your account after June 2016. None of the new perks will apply to you.

Not sure of the reason for the :mad: . That's how introductory offers work.

Thanks for the clarification masonic. Appreciate it. :beer:
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The new offer is not as good as you have to make 20 debit card payments per month, per account and that's a lot.

Also, it's £5 for 20 spends or nothing, whereas the contactless 5% pays out on any amount up to £100, per account (if the atms play ball).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure