Please advise - it's all gone SO wrong

Options

Comments

• lisawaters
    lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Options
    Beggar-me-jeesurs. Talk about unlucky or what!

I can't help much with the advice but thought i'd say - fuk me - what a nightmare. I think you should go to the press and magazines, they will pay you a few hundred for the story - it is something to live on right now I s'pose....

edit: post the builders details and i'll arrange for him to vanish! lol

I would love to think that something very heavy might 'accidentally' fall on him, but not until after he's paid me, please!

A couple of friends have offered to 'send the boys round' to him but I have to have sold the debt to them or I'll be in court.

Love your thinking though!
  • maysmummy
    Options
    So sorry to read about what has happened to you. The change in your circumstances must have been devastating to you. Do you have any support? XH, children etc?
    This may be off the wall, but if it was reposessed would it be the end of the world? you could do what the cat lady did and move into a warm, cosy flat. You may lose a great deal of money but at least you would have your health and your sanity.
    Just a thought.
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Send Martin a PM - he will respond, he is good like that :-)

Oooh, could you do it for me? I'm completely exhausted. It's a good idea though.
  • lisawaters
    Options
    SPANIEL36 wrote: »
    slightly off subject but you mention kids...where are they now?

They have to live with my ex because of school/college. They come here at weekends unless they get a better offer. Which they do now and then like all teenagers! They think it's fun here and can see how cool it could be when it's finished. At the moment it's just cold and dusty...but they can see what it's doing to me. Some weekends they don't come because I can't afford the petrol and food. They are so supportive and mature and say they admire me for sticking to my guns and keeping on trying to resolve this. What else can I do? I am worried that one of these days they'll realise I couldn't go on forever. I hope they forgive me! They're the reason I've kept fighting but I know I can't do it forever.

My fault. I messed up. I know that.
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    lisawaters wrote: »
    Oooh, could you do it for me? I'm completely exhausted. It's a good idea though.

Hiya

Ok, i've PM'd Martin for you - details below:
    martinm.jpg
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • lisawaters
    edited 17 February 2010 at 8:17PM
    Options
    maysmummy wrote: »
    So sorry to read about what has happened to you. The change in your circumstances must have been devastating to you. Do you have any support? XH, children etc?
    This may be off the wall, but if it was reposessed would it be the end of the world? you could do what the cat lady did and move into a warm, cosy flat. You may lose a great deal of money but at least you would have your health and your sanity.
    Just a thought.

It's a fair point. Thanks. I have one friend I dog-sit for when she's gadding around the world, and she pays me in cash and small appliances, whatever she thinks would make things easier. She gave me a tabletop induction hob which opened the door to new heights in my culinary prowess. A microwave and a George Formby grill can lose their appeal after months and months! She's a bit of an angel. No-one else though, although you peeps are being so kind I'm quite filling up! My family are concerned but useless! I expect my ex is loving every moment! Just bought a new car. Mine just failed the MOT!

The problem is largely that although all my friends are desperately sorry and worried for me, there's not much anyone can do except listen to me moaning about how crap my life is! (And believe me, I'll tear the ears off anyone who'll listen! Mainly because I have no other life any more!) No-one really knows what to suggest, and if anyone I know has twenty grand under the mattress they're keeping very quiet about it. The meanies!

No, losing the house wouldn't be the end of the world. I would be better off without this sh*tstorm... but I am incensed that he will have won and will keep MY money. The little runt. And if I can see this through I could walk off with 60-80 grand. Which will cheer me up for a long time. I was earning 60 grand a year until the divorce, so this has been a very hard lesson in economics. If I get well maybe I'll do well again but it's too far off to think about for the moment. I'd like to think I'll still be irritating the builder in a couple of months! That's as far ahead as I can look at the moment.I am certainly thinking about whether I would ever own a property again, let alone go into property renovation. It's not how it seems on Homes Under the Hammer!

I've learned a lot about money. I enjoy being mean - oops, a moneysavingexpert - and I will forever be happy living on less. It's a challenge but it's better than always striving for the latest in home cinema units and cars and all that.

Maybe some good came of it...
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Hiya

Ok, i've PM'd Martin for you - details below:
    martinm.jpg

You're a star. Thank you.
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 February 2010 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Lisa i have no words of wisdom for you, or any advise at all (i really wish i did)

I really feel for you and just can`t imagine being in this situation!!
    It is terrible this has happened to you and i really hope you get a good outcome in the end!

How are you managing regarding House bills, food etc?
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • lisawaters
    edited 17 February 2010 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Lisa i have no words of wisdom for you, or any advise at all (i really wish i did)

I really feel for you and just can`t imagine being in this situation!!
    It is terrible this has happened to you and i really hope you get a good outcome in the end!

How are you managing regarding House bills, food etc?

I couldn't imagine my life could change so suddenly just because a builder stole some money either, but it has! Never think things couldn't get any worse. They can, and in ways you'd never think of.

Bills get paid when I can. I have become skilled at keeping them happy with less than they want. The recession has been a godsend to me and probably others struggling at the bottom of the food chain. Companies put up with stuff they'd never have tolerated before. Some companies have been nice to deal with. Smile Bank and Vodafone and O2 have been realistic and cheerful most of the time.

Food - soup and toast is good. I can go two days without eating but as I'm diabetic it's not really a long term plan! I save what I can so the boys have snacks and at least one good meal over the weekend. Surprisingly I am not losing weight. What's that about?! I gave up drinking three years ago, thank heavens.
  • savingmummy
    Options
    You really do need to eat, especially being diabetic :(
    This really saddens me and i wish i could help!

Are you getting all your benefits your entitled too?
    Could you have meals with friend/family a few times a week?

We have been struggling recently and my parents have been feeding us of a weekend - every little helps!

There are lots of tips regarding eating on a low budget over on the oldstyle board - you will be suprised the things people cook with very little money or food.
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills