I want a debt free life

Comments

• Getting these NSD is quite hard. I never realised how often i normally spend.

I spent £9.31 in Filco yesterday for Milk (desperate for), cards for MIL anniversary and birthday, Pearl barley for dinner tonight and a bottle of Pepsi.

Today i had to get fuel as i was running on vapours so that was £59.00.
    I also spent £18.99 in tesco on a bread bin (to house scrummy new HM bread) and a pack of energy drink for OH as hes now doing 4 12 hr night shifts.

I think my new breadmaker is faulty :( One of the paddles turns really well the other seems to stop and get stuck if any of the dough comes near it.
    Rang Lidl's and they have another one so i will pop by tomorrow to exchange it.
  • Well i ended up exchanging my breadmaker.
    This one works lovely now.

Friday was a low spend day. I had to buy bananas and i spent a little £1.20 in work on tea and toast.

Yesterday was a spendy day.
    DS1 does football and has needed new astroturf shoes and football boots for a little while now. I have been holding off for a while until i knew for sure that the team would be continuing this year.
    They are but that meant new boots.
    I managed to get astroturf boots for £26.99 in sports direct sale, along with shin pads £5.75.
    I got his football boots at a £12.00 bargain in Reebok. The only other thing i need to get is football socks. They need to be the same colour as his kit and sports direct had every othe colour besides the one we needed.
    There were also some other smaller spends - £1.70 in costa for cup of tea for DS1, £2 in greggs for a baguette for me as i had not eaten lunch.
    I picked up a spiderman cap for £5.99 for DS2 birthday next month.
    I also spent £6 on a phone case but DS1 will be paying for this out of his pocket money (he forgot his bank card).

DS1 asked if his friends could stay over. I stupidly said yes. I said to him he could play XBox for a little bit and i got them pizza £30.80 :eek:. I told him not to stay up too late. I reminded him when i went to bed at 10pm
    4am :eek: i woke up and they were still awake. They were not being noisy but still 4am.
    He is very tired today :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Im just glad i made him do all his homework yesterday otherwise i would have had a right battle today.

Today however is a NSD :j

So far that 2/10 - Not great but still 16 days to go.
  • Ammeretto
    Ammeretto Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2014 at 9:46PM
    I've decided to take a leaf out of StressedStephs book

I'm going to set myself a mini target to reach by Dec 14
    So I am aiming to clear 10% of my debt this year.
    So that's £2,634.20.

The state of my house currently dire. I need to really tidy and declutter it, So i've decided to start doing the flylady thread.
    It's going to be hard as i never seem to find time at the moment with working FT, Kids clubs after school, Studying for my exams in Dec, and i have also committed myself (why i don't know) to doing a maths class one evening a week at DS1 school.
    I think the idea behind it is teach the parents how it is done in school now and give them a refresher from when they were in school and they can in turn help the kids.
    I'm just going as i will be classed as a student of the college and i get a NUS card :rotfl:

Another issue i currently have is my fitness.
    I recently lost 1 stone by healthy eating and exercise (P90X3). I have been a bit slack over the summer but it's now time to start again.
    90 days starting tomorrow. I'm aiming to lose my final 1.5 stone.
  • Hello all

It been a few days since i posted. I have been reading my subscribed diaries though :o

On Monday DS2 had a little bit of a meltdown about Tae kwon do. He's decided he doesn't want to go anymore. To be honest i think he liked the idea of going because DS1 used to go but hes not really that into it. I just wish he would have told me this before i paid £36 for his license. :mad:

I went to the Comp Monday night to enroll for the maths course. I didn't realise but its a 3 hour class every Monday for the whole year (exc half terms etc).
    They also said in theory if they have the numbers each year you could go through years 7 to 11 and do the G.C.S.E again with the kids. :rotfl:
    DS1 would die of embarrassment if i did that. :rotfl:

After all that i went shopping. £45.50 in Aldi and £7.46 in Asda

Wednesday DS2 had swimming which went OK.
    OH requested authorisation to buy some Sealskin gloves for winter on his bike. They are £30 a pair but they are very good.
    I grudgingly said yes.
    He went to Halfords and found out they were being discontinued. There were only two pairs left. One black £10 one yellow £15. He went for the black.
    The lady on the till couldn't get the tags off and ended up damaging the gloves. OH decided to go with the Yellow pair so they gave them to him for £10. He asked what they were going to do with the damaged pair with the tag still attached and they ended up giving them to him :)
    So he came home with a black pair with a tag still attached and a yellow pair all for £10.

Today has been quiet apart from DS1 hurting his ankle again. He is now sitting quietly with an ice pack.

Tuesday and Today are NSD
    so that's now 4 / 10 NSD with 12 days left.
  • Keep on rolling! I have subscribed. x
    Debts: ASDA Loan - £6,848.01
    Xmas Fund: £15/700 2%; Holiday Fund: £256.05/2000 12.8%; Emergency Fund: £25/700 3.5%;
    VSP: £127.44/300 42.4%
  • Hi Steerpike88

thanks for subscribing. Cant promise any interesting happenings though:D

I do however have some fandabulous news.
    OH just rang me to say he is getting a pay rise of £2362. This is approx and extra £130 take home each month :j:j
    Not only that he also got a Bonus of £1100. :j:j:j so about £550 ish after tax & NI :j:j:j

This will completely clear overdraft and Egg will be cracked :D
  • So excited i forgot to type the rest of my post.

No NSD today :(
    I had to buy mealworms for the Gecko £2.50 and I picked up a lovely little pot of flowers in a fabric bag for £4.99 for MIL birthday. These were budgeted spends
    I also had to pay 80p parking in town to visit specsavers for DS2 glasses. - this was not budgeted for - Cue a little YNAB fiddling :j

I am now sitting here with a lovely refreshing Crabbies ginger beer and then i think i will head off to bed. :D
  • Evening all

Today has been pretty good.
    DS1 had football. They drew the match 1 all though there were a couple of fouls. one against DS1 where another kid literally shoved him in the back :(. He was fine and they played a good game.

Shopping day today also so £50.80 spent in Aldi and £4.16 in Asda
    I also filled the car - £51.00.
    I'm £28.96 over budget on my groceries :mad: though im under budget by £11.77 in fuel. Im only over in groceries because of a meat order from Westin gourmet. The meat should last all of next month also so i should come in under budget next month.
    I have adjusted my budgets in YNAB. I shouldn't need any fuel now until payday so i'll move that to groceries.
    The only thing i might need for groceries until payday will be milk and poss fruit.
  • A lovely start to the morning.

DS2 woke up about 7 (this is a lie in) and went to watch some telly instead of jumping on my bed :j (DS1 was still asleep :D)
    Then at 7:45 OH got home from work and got into bed.
    We had a nice chilled Cwtch (this never happens as either he is up before i am to go to work or i'm up and getting ready for work/school by the time he gets homes) before i got up at 8:15 :j

Chilled out so far with a cuppa, brekkie and a browse on the diaries but must get my butt into gear and do some housework :(

So my to do list
    • Put some washing on
    • Ironing :(
    • Strip bed (wait until OH gets up)
    • Clean car (inside)
    • Tidy and dust downstairs
    • Hoover downstairs
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Tidy boys bedrooms
    • Dust and hoover upstairs
    • Study
  • Hello all.

Well i got most of my list done on Sunday. I still need to do the car and do some more studying.

So Monday night was Maths night at the school.
    It was a little boring as it was quite basic but i had a good chat to some of the other parents and i learnt how the kids are doing long multiplication now. It different. Slower but less chance of mistakes. I still prefer the traditional way though :D

Monday and Tuesday were also NSD:j

Today i had to buy milk in work 30p and i had to get milk and coffee on the way home. £5.14.

NSD day total is 6 / 10

4 more to go and only 6 days left in the month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family