The Super September NSD Thread!

Comments

• fruitloop04
    fruitloop04 Posts: 294
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 3 September 2017 at 4:10PM
    First NSD for me so 1/10 for me :j hoping for another NSD for me tomorrow then that will it until I come back off my holiday!
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    NSD 2 today

2/12
  • peedie
    peedie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Hello
    Can I join please.
    I want to aim for 17 with 6 days in a row.
    So far I have not spent a penny-so 3 down 3 to go :D:D
    I have been off the rails for some time, but was getting to grips with my spending. I'm not going to count bus fairs for work, work is far to far to walk.....about 5 miles
    Have taken my cards out of my purse so am not going to be able to spend as I have to change buses in town. This has always the difficult bit as there is a little wait between buses.Too tempting to just pop in.....
    But no more Peedie is getting back in the swing of not spending as a way to pass the time
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Welcome peedie to our lovely thread :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    marmite~~If any consolation my budget this month is just dire.
    Dire.
    We can do this~~we can.

NSD no 2
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Reb2016 wrote: »
    NSD 1 for me today, can I also add 4 in a row please
    Reb

right away!
  • Check in 2/30. NSD 2/18.

Hope everyone is feeling optimistic about this super challenge.

Just to be clear, I am only monitoring my own spends- we have budgets for food/entertainment etc which OH operates. We have been lax even with these in recent months. E.g. We do a meal plan and generally stick to it. However, we have not been checking to see if we need any fresh stuff to add to what we have in so a shopping trip takes place and extra bits are bought. This month we are going to be more attentive and plan what we need, buy only what we need. So, that comes out of food budget and I don't control that. My challenge this month is to stop me spending on this,that and the other so my SFDs are days when nothing leaves MY purse.

Gratitudes
    Stress free day
    Lovely time with OH's parents
    Afternoon nap.

sounds good!
    First NSD for me so 1/10 for me :j hoping for another NSD for me tomorrow then that will it until I come back off my holiday!

well done on getting #1. :j

oh and happy holidays!!going somewhere exotic?

no hubert margate is not exotic.duh...

hubert is our large,incontiennt pet donkey who also likes to wear dresses and comes in very handy as a lawnmower.
    peedie wrote: »
    Hello
    Can I join please.
    I want to aim for 17 with 6 days in a row.
    So far I have not spent a penny-so 3 down 3 to go :D:D
    I have been off the rails for some time, but was getting to grips with my spending. I'm not going to count bus fairs for work, work is far to far to walk.....about 5 miles
    Have taken my cards out of my purse so am not going to be able to spend as I have to change buses in town. This has always the difficult bit as there is a little wait between buses.Too tempting to just pop in.....
    But no more Peedie is getting back in the swing of not spending as a way to pass the time

hi and welcome!

you're all signed up. :)

just ask if you've any questions.you make your own rules remember.
  • Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Thanks Marmiterulesok, now all I have to do is meet my targets, :D fingers crossed

Reb
  • Yesterday was a NSD, the first of this month so. 1/10
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Reb2016 wrote: »
    Thanks Marmiterulesok, now all I have to do is meet my targets, :D fingers crossed

Reb

Ah yes.the tricky part! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family