Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have been reading through your diary the last few days and am subscribing. Debt busting is hard when you are young and the social scene and life beckons but you have been coping extremely well. You'll soon be wearing the lovely coat!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you seasidegal. I am trying so hard. But I know its very boring and moany. I think once the loan is gone this will be the turning point.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are not boring & you certainly aren't moany.

It's just that you are voicing all those wee thoughts running through your head regarding the debt.

Mine is the same, I just need to get it out then I feel better.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    It us exactly like that Dolly. Very tired today, long day. 171 days of loan. 21 days to november, 63 meals.

Today was nsd, cooking and housework tonight.
    Tommorow need to go to tesco for a few essentials but take lunch in and have dinner planned then no social. Then its wednesday (and bake off).
    Oh and I need to note that I walked to train after work which is an improvement, will do tues, wed. Probably (depending on exact plans) thurs and fri. It should be a few quiet weekends coming up, a few lol key and cheap pub visits but nothing that should cause too many problems.
    Trying hard to be sensible. :j

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am so tired this morning, had such a lazy day at home yesterday & I am paying for it now, didn't sleep too well last night.

Well done on your NSD yesterday.

Dxxx
  • reality_check
    Options
    Your trying hard is def paying off, just think what the old you would have been spending. I love the bake off, Selasi is my favourite this year. The apprentice has also started last week that is another one my fav programs to watch x
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well done you on the walking to work - I love walking, but sadly have to drive to work out here in the sticks. I swear it makes you so fit!

Hope you are good. Ramble x
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Hi Dolly, Reality and Ramble,
    Everyone needs a few lazy days dolly, life is so busy, all the time rushing about, we need time at home recharging our batteries. Reality love the apprentice but its so brutal and fierce, but also quite silly and embarrassing, sometimes you feel like you don't know where to look.

Today I feel a bit guilty, I bought the coat, its being delivered this week. Then went for lunch with a friend and then to Tesco. That is too much spending, but I need to be warm and as a single person it is important that my tummy looks as non-round as possible so although its a big splurge and not essential, it is important. I put on the credit card and paying off on payday. Also increased mbna limit to £5,800 so waiting for one of their low rate letters and then will transfer last bit of hsbc. November will be a bit easier and I will be wearing my coat (but do need some shoes). Cross that when it comes.

Tesco shop
    £7 wine - 4x 1 person bottles
    Foil
    Bananas
    Milk
    Orange juice
    Tomatoes
    Curry sauce

So 170 days left of loan and 20 days till november or 60 meals. Seeing friend friday night and getting hair cut so could potentially have a successful rest of month.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We so do don't we.

Good for you, the coat will be much needed when we get proper wintery weather.

I had a BT from MBNA last week so got one of my card moved over there to 0%, will help out massively.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    169 days of loan.
    19 days till november. 57 meals
    Nsd today, I didn't realise till I got home. But I did see some shoes I will buy. I had my last trainers for about 6 years until i threw them out, so if I buy these and keep for just 2 years it is £3.25 a month. They are £75 but exactly what I need.
    Take lunch tommorow and home in the evening for apprentice. Then meeting friend for cheap dinner Friday. Then very lowkey weekend. No pub, see family and be at home. Can not wait to get a credit card statement with no debits. This is the dream.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills