The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Tesco Credit Limit Increase Withdrawn

I got a letter about a month ago saying my limit would be increased this month but today I've received one saying the offer is withdrawn because they've assessed my financial circumstances to have changed.

I don't know what this could be though?

I haven't fallen behind with anything, nothing has been added to my credit files, and my Tesco behaviour hasn't changed - I pay off in full every month

Comments

• They may have simply tweaked their criteria.
  • davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happened with me and barclaycard a year ago. Though in my case barclaycard didn’t bother to tell me and just didn’t increase the limit without so much as a word. I complained to barclaycard and did get a goodwill gesture (actually a far more generous one than I expected) but their decision stood which is fair enough as they aren’t obliged to increase limits or offer credit
  • I'm not bothered about the increase, I didn't ask for it; I want to know what they mean by altered financial circumstances etc
  • Only way to know is ring them and ask, they may be forthcoming or just fob you off.

Happened to me with MBNA a number of times, just ignore it and move on.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport