airbnb and bankruptcy

Options
2»

Comments

• london1973
    london1973 Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks-surely i have a responsibility to feed and clothe my children!? or at least contribute?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    london1973 wrote: »
    thanks-surely i have a responsibility to feed and clothe my children!? or at least contribute?

CSA has guidelines on what is reasonable. How does your scientific calculation compare?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    It may be case of having to get a court to order you, to do the thing that you and your ex- have agreed is reasonable. Sounds mad, I know.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    london1973 wrote: »

Morally yes, but without a court order - not legally.
    You are going to have to make a clear case. If your ex doesn't work then you can't argue childcare - do the children stay with you for part of each week?
    Are the payments you make to your ex declared as part of her income for benefits?
  • london1973
    london1973 Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes they do stay with me for 4 days a fortnight, I doubt she claims benefits as her parents help her out too
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will be able to claim for food etc for the days they are with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure