Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Any improvement on early reviews? Currently coming up as cheapest option for me but have read bad reviews.

However, I've read equally bad reviews about Coop Energy and Scottish Power, who are the next two cheapest so now I'm not sure who to pick.

Currently with EDF and never had a problem in the past two years.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Any improvement on early reviews? Currently coming up as cheapest option for me but have read bad reviews.

However, I've read equally bad reviews about Coop Energy and Scottish Power, who are the next two cheapest so now I'm not sure who to pick.

Currently with EDF and never had a problem in the past two years.
    Absolutely fine for me now. All my earlier problems have been resolved.
  • mxo
    mxo Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I joined Bristol Energy in good faith, but I've had persistent billing issues - my bills are extremely complicated and don't seem to add up, without explanation, they incorrectly doubled my direct debit without telling me, and their customer services take ages to reply to emails. Unfortunately I had to leave them as a result.
  • Feral_Moon
    I decided against moving to them in the end and have applied to Coop Energy instead. One of the deciding factors was they're very selective as to whom qualifies for the Warm Home Discount (pensioners only) plus there's a £30 cashback for switching to Coop so that's £170 in my pocket befire even looking at the savings in the tariff.
  • Switched in October 16, four months later my opening meter readings are still incorrect, EVERY email I have sent has 'got lost' they have never once answered the phone or called me back after leaving a message. 0/10 for customer service, 0/10 easy switching, 0/10 accurate bill (due to my meter reading emails being permanently lost). It is cheaper than my previous tariff though but not worth the hassle. I need to change my direct debit over to a new account, five weeks later they haven't replied to any communication and its going to be me in trouble when they payment fails at the start of next month!
  • However
    However Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just switched from E.ON V19 Dual to Bristol elec-only (My Local tarriff - and I don't even live locally!). All done online/email, online account set up OK. Switched on the day they said, 1st Direct Debit taken as arranged, and final bill from EON generated yesterday is accurate.

So, sweet as a nut so far.
  • Despite reading some negative reviews I thought I would give the benefit of the doubt and do a switch. However when I have been taken from C.E.C to the Bristol Energy website , the only unit rates that are visible are my current rates with BGas. It does give me my estimated costs going forward should I choose to switch over however the rates that are shown on the energy club site are not shown in the supplier website which makes me very sceptical to switch. I'd also like reassurance that when you receive your online bill you can see exactly how many units of gas and elec has been used and the unit rates/standing charges you are paying.
  • Thinking of changing suppliers. What are Bristol Energy like in the Warm Front Discount? I qualified under the broader group for the discount previously. I saw an earlier post in which someone noted "pensioners only". Thought I'd check be glad for feedback.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thinking of changing suppliers. What are Bristol Energy like in the Warm Front Discount? I qualified under the broader group for the discount previously. I saw an earlier post in which someone noted "pensioners only". Thought I'd check be glad for feedback.

They will be the same as any other supplier that supports the Warm Home Discount scheme

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/eligibility
  • Feral_Moon
    footyguy wrote: »
    They will be the same as any other supplier that supports the Warm Home Discount scheme

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/eligibility

They only provide to pensioners.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport