The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    For new customers only:mad:
  • boobbby wrote: »
    I did move my money out of the 2.8% account and back into the 3.25% as I noticed the interest rate was only 2.8% for accounts taken out after June and before the 7th August. Pity that Egg didnt point out that this was unnecessary. Mind I did take your shortcut for some small amounts that was still in previous Egg savings and that worked okay.

I received a letter from Egg at the weekend stating that the account I opened as a 2.8% one was now paying 3.25%. Shame I'd already taken the effort to open a new account and transfer the money out and back in again!
  • Nessie23
    Nessie23 Posts: 245
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Looks good! Does anyone know if there are any referral codes or cashback sites to go through when opening one of these? Otherwise I shall be opening direct later today.

Thanks!

Chris

I searched, but couldn't find any cashback or referral codes :-(
  • citibank 3.10 and it pays monthly !
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    citibank 3.10 and it pays monthly !
    You're a bit out of date, Citibank is now offering Issue 6 which pays 3.30%AER.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,562
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I applied to Citbank but Since I had no driver licence or passport, they weren't interested in my money.
  • 3.30 with monthly interest and no penaltys with instant access is an awesom deal is it not?
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,970
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    3.30 with monthly interest and no penaltys with instant access is an awesom deal is it not?

"Awesome" - I wouldn't go that far. If the banks think that you think that they're being awesome then I'm sure they'll redress that.
  • well atm its pretty good for those that need a monthly income like me!
  • (wrt ING 3.2% account)
    hansi wrote: »
    For new customers only:mad:
    I phoned to enquire, and you only have to wait 3 business days after closing existing account to qualify as a new customer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback