Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Comments

• Not exactly a healthy option. Full of additives including aspartame :eek: plus nearly as much sugar as a full fat coke. Also :eek:

Oh no! I didn't realise they had aspartame in. I've just been and bought another 2 packs :doh: I also didn't realise their sugar content. That'll teach me!

I had thought of sweetening natural yoghurt using vanilla essence or something - not sure how nice it would be though. Has anybody tried anything like that?
  • evilsquid1603
    evilsquid1603 Posts: 1,399
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Not exactly a healthy option. Full of additives including aspartame :eek: plus nearly as much sugar as a full fat coke. Also :eek:

look, if you don't like slimming world, just leave us alone. your input isn't helping anyone here and its starting to become downright annoying.

also, you do realise those muller yogs have 10.7g of sugar per pot compared to the 39g in a can of coke. thats not "nearly as much".

compared to the 19g of sugar in a medium apple. christ - i must throw out my fruit bowl post haste!
  • look, if you don't like slimming world, just leave us alone. your input isn't helping anyone here and its starting to become downright annoying.

also, you do realise those muller yogs have 10.7g of sugar per pot compared to the 39g in a can of coke. thats not "nearly as much".

compared to the 19g of sugar in a medium apple. christ - i must throw out my fruit bowl post haste!

Thanks for this! I didnt realise.
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    look, if you don't like slimming world, just leave us alone. your input isn't helping anyone here and its starting to become downright annoying.

Try quoting like for like. 100g of muller light is 9 gms of sugars and 100g of full fat coke is 10.5 gms.
    If you fed decent nutritional advice I wouldnt need to point out dangers in these foods?
    Could you justify Aspartame in a diet?
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Absolutebounder
    How about you respect our choice to follow a lifestyle that works for us and we will respect you being an absolute killjoy...in a different thread?

As evilsquid pointed out your contributions started off as frustrating and now they are downright annoying and I think you're quite rude for using this thread to vent your obvious issues.

You have been asked time and time again to leave us to it, whether you agree with the Slimming World plans or not, so please could you do so.

In other news:

WI for me tomorrow, would love to see a couple of pounds drop off - don't think I'll have got to the 12stone I wanted for my holiday but I'll only be a couple of pounds away!

Bf has decided I have lost enough now and doesn't want me to lose anymore so we've agreed that I will keep my target at 10st7lb but monitor it with how I'm looking and if him/his mum/my parents think its going too far we will talk about it again

Holiday next week, going to enjoy myself but try to still make good choices :) If I can. There will be lots of walking and swimming too so hopefully that will go in my favour.

Whilst it's dry today I may try and get out for two hours rather than my usual one, have the tot for an extra 45minutes today so should manage it fine

Congrats to all the losers so far this week
    Good luck for those with WI still to go
    And welcome to any newbies :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Morning all,

Well done CH and Beanie, and welcome to the newbies.

1lb off for me this week - happy with that as I was lucky last week.

Funnily enough, after the conversations on here about the raffle, our leader spoke to us about it last night. No-one was really interested in buying a ticket so she came over and asked us all to support it because the raffle actually owes her quite a lot of money! She said the money from that goes to provide the things we do in class like taster evenings (not sure how that works as we all bring stuff in for those, and she only brings one dish just like the rest of us) and the recipe books on the table that members can look at during the class etc. as they have to be purchased from SW. Everyone looked a bit sheepish and then some people bought tickets but I wasn't convinced - surely it is up to the consultant to buy those things? I still don't even know what the prize was! Our consultant is great but I don't think it's our job to buy supplies for the class on top of the £5 we pay each week.

Anyway, rant over. Green today:
    B: Bran flakes (B), milk (A), banana, raisins (3.5)
    L: Out for lunch with friend- probably soup and poss a roll (B)
    T: Pasta with roasted aubergine and courgette, cheese (A), asparagus (20p whoopsied bunch that needs using!)
    S: Pear, yogurt, Kit Kat (5.5)

Have a good day all :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Good morning all. Well done to all the weight losses and good luck to those hitting the scales today.

Well it looks like the lady friend of mine on fb is finally getting to grips with the plan. A little wobble yesterday where she had 2 wm rolls instead of one so said it werent too much of a worry if she had no other syns could get round it that way and a great breakfast of fruit and greek f/f/ yog this morning.

My meals today consist of :
    b, 2 weetabix, f/f nat yog and a banana.
    L, cajun chicken soup, apple and grapes.
    T, chicken wrapped in bacon filled with E.L. laughing cow (2 syns for 2 triangles), new potatoes, piles of veg.
    HEA milk for coffee.
    Unsure of other syns for the time being will see how the day evolves.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • hi all, congrats to those who lost yesterday-hopefully i'll be one of you next week!
    Well i finally read all the pages-not all in one go!-and my first day went well, if i post what i ate can someone please check i'm not going drastically wrong!
    Monday food was EE- breakfast- grapes and apple
    lunch-huge ham salad, lettuce, cucumber, toms, pickled onions dressing-2 syns
    tea- jacket pot with hm coleslaw 2.5 syns and 3 pork chops,tomatos
    hea-250ml milk
    heb-2x rocky road hi fi bars
    snacks grapes, maltesers hot choc 5 syns and pack of iced gems-5 syns.

It doesnt look like much when written down but my meals were huge although i didnt snack much, lots of running round with kids harvest festivals and health visitor apps, will up the food today!x
    october gc-£74.80/ £200
    NSD-4/ 18
  • Blodwen i've just seen your signature-50lbs wow!x
    october gc-£74.80/ £200
    NSD-4/ 18
  • Try quoting like for like. 100g of muller light is 9 gms of sugars and 100g of full fat coke is 10.5 gms.
    If you fed decent nutritional advice I wouldnt need to point out dangers in these foods?
    Could you justify Aspartame in a diet?

What is your problem? Why dont you poke your nose in elsewhere? You are not welcome on this thread. GO AWAY

As i have mentioned previously the yoghurt's are a small part of the SW plan. I hardly think one a day will do any harm.
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts