PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Evening all :wave:

1) Finished work on time today :cool:
    2) Becoming more relaxed with each day I get closer to my hols :D
    3) One more day of work till hols :j will be finishing at 3pm
    4) Another no smoking day - I even forgot to take my tablets :o
    5) Enjoying my new car :)
    6) Agency putting me forward for another job - the more I get put forward for the less I'm stressing about finishing this job :p
    7) Old friend has said he'll put my CV forward at his employers
    8) Getting some of my own paperwork done tonight - now ready for posting
    9) Finally getting around to filling in my passport renewal form online
    10) An old friend tagging me on a photo on Facebook from when I was at University 16 years ago :eek: The scary thing is my hair doesn't seem to have changed much :eek::eek::rotfl:

Hope you all had a great day.

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Exciting day today! I'll try for 5...

1) Went to Aberdyfi :-) Train journey fine, lovely weather :-)

2) Had a paddle in the sea and sons had a swim.

3) Boys behaved really well and enjoyed their Eye Spy books and playing cards on the way there and back.

4) Graze box came in the post.

5) Some friendly texts throughout the day.

All lovely. Tomorrow, however, is going to be a bit of a day... Things have rather snowballed ex-wise recently and for the first time ever, the boys have said they are not willing to go and stay with him. Goodness only knows how I am going to go out to his car and tell him that. I'm quite worried.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    mummysaver do take care with the flour, they're resurecting Ghost Busters on television this weekend!
    CCP well done on your outward appearance at the colleagues leaving do, not an easy thing to achieve
    Kittikins sounds like you had a good day with DD, it's lovely when mothers and daughters are friends too

1. Caroline Quentins Through India. Loving this series, it's bringing happy memories of my recent holiday there
    2. Friend came to continue decorating the 2nd bedroom
    3. Yummy mackerel salad for dinner
    4. DNeighbour has just bought herself a motorbike, it was lovely to hear the squeals of excitement from her young DD when she saw it :)
    5. Walking around the garden, it's a pleasure every day to see how everything is growing. Considering I'd never really done any gardening other than mowing the lawn occasionally I'm pretty impressed with my growing efforts :o

Night night, sleep tight
    S
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good morning!
    My five things for yesterday are:
    1. Doing my "big" shop and coming in £12 UNDER budget!
    2. OH being offered an extra shift for today - OT rates and a day in lieu. Extra pennies always handy!
    3. Having a lovely walk in the sun with my dog and meeting a fellow dogwalker. We ended up walking together and having a good old chat!
    4. Watching the prog about the Royal Weddings on Sky+ and having a little snooze on the sofa.
    5. Having a lovely chicken salad for tea, nice easy meal, makes you feel like summer is just around the corner!;)

Have a lovely day everyone!:)

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    well hello from Sydney! hello from my balcony over looking the ocean and over looking the pool where my children are in swimming!

1.Long drive & up very early but a beautiful autumn day , low mist on fields this morning & a gorgeous sunrise!

2. Staying in a gorgeous hotel with the last of our hotel points! Because OH worked away so much he accrued many loyalty points !

3.Up graded to a room with a view.

4.Just watched an amazing sunset!

5. Meeting up with friends in an hour!

Enjoy your Good Friday....countdown to chocolate is on!

Catch up with you tomorrow xx

Frith: be strong.....sending positive thoughts your way
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mhagster - that sounds wonderful. Enjoy yourselves.

My five are

1. Lovely, sunny day.

2. Great pilates class with really good teacher.

3. Sorting out cupboards - good feeling when its done.

4. Easy tea of jacket potatoes which DS1 requested.

5. Watering my seedlings.

6. Found 6p when out
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Morning all!

Frith - good luck, is it poss to have a friend in the house just in case it all gets a bit difficult?

CCP - glad that the difficult colleague has gone, and well done on keeping a straight face ;)

Sparrer - I must see if I can catch the India prog, I really enjoyed the Joanna Lumley Nile one.

Carolyntia - fingers crossed for you on the job front.

Well today has been uneventful on the flour front, so doesn't look like the ghostbusters will be visiting anytime soon Sparrer lol! Was a busy and tiring day yesterday, but I'm now off for a few days and looking forward to relaxing! My pleasures:

1. Seeing midwife and hearing Spudette's lil heartbeat :)

2. Silly busy at work, but customers were in high spirits so not too many moans! Also giggled a lot as I got propositioned by the world's oldest man, apparently he has his own house, though sadly not his own teeth!

3. Got my fourth raised veg bed with help of ds, and really looking forward to getting them all put together and planted up.

4. Phone call from old school friend last night, asking if I fancied meeting up with our broods on the beach today, so should be lots of fun!

5. Got home to find kids had been busy lil bees and done lots of chores and house was looking very tidy for us, and ds had been busy in the garden. Was pleased that I'd grabbed some pizzas as a treat for their dinner! Ate and went to bed and watched Neil whatnot's Celtic Britain prog, and ds came and kept me company even though he can't bear the chap!

Hope everyone has a good day xxx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 23 April 2011 at 7:06AM
    Hi,hope you're enjoying a lovely Easter Friday!

For today and the last few days:

1. Having worked today,now off the weekend.Bliss.

2. Made rhubarb and ginger jam,which was a great success.Took ages to set (added 4 extra tbsp of lemon juice-luckily it hasn't affected the flavour).

3. Reached my NSD target of 15,so upped it to 18.

4. Have 2 white plastic stools which were quite manky looking.They are now snow white thanks to vinegar,bicarb,a nail brush and lots of elbow grease.

5. Loads of buds on the roses in the garden,plus no sign of blackspot.

Carolyntia I also have 'Low Cost Living' by John Harrison,pretty similar to the 'Grandma' book and a good read.I have other,more specific books on the uses of vinegar,bicarb and self-sufficient household cleaning.I can give you the titles if you're interested.

Frith Good luck.
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

happy Good Friday!!

1) Gorgeous sunshine :)

2) I have spent most of the day in doors though with all my doors and windows have been open. The reason for my being indoors is that I have been cleaning up a storm. Big bag of clothes now ready to go to the CS.

3) Two load of washing done and dried on the line

4) Had a lie in and finished my book

5) NSD - though I am thinking about making hamburgers for supper so may have to wander down to MrS to get some buns.

And then a couple from yesterday:

6) Bought everyone on our floor at work an icecream (only 16 people were in)

7) Went out for dinner with my nice colleague (using a voucher obviously!)

Night all - enjoy your evening.

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all.

mhagster - it sounds like you're having a fantastic time. Continue enjoying yourselves! :)

Frith - I think it's so sad - if not at all surprising - that your ex has finally managed to upset your boys so much they don't want to see him. I hope he realises that he's got only himself to blame, although, from what you've told us, it doesn't sound like there's much chance of him showing that much insight into his own behaviour. :( I really hope telling him wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be.

sparrer / mummysaver - I've just been in the kitchen making sauce for tonight's pizza and realised I was absent-mindedly humming the Ghost Busters theme tune while I was doing it. :rotfl:

1) A very long-lie in this morning. I won't tell you what time I got up except that at least I managed it eventually. :o

2) Another gloriously summer-like day, and as I was off work I could actually enjoy it. :D

3) Gave the car a good clean inside and out. (The inside got more of wash than I was intending, actually - I didn't realise I hadn't shut the passenger door properly and most of the wash water ended up inside the car. :o)

4) Found a viola growing in a crack in the patio. I've been trying unsuccessfully to grow violas since I moved into this flat, and it's the botanical equivalent of the famous physics Law of Sod that one's finally established itself somewhere I really don't want it to be. :mad:

5) HM pizza for dinner tonight. :drool:

Have a fabolous Friday evening all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family