PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Back from a break

Comments

• well done guys :D
    and i get you with the finances thing its just such a drain and always in the back of your mind its depressing
    ive done my flylady list and a few other bits and bobs so just chilling with a cuppa
    :D
    “Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Can I join too - I feel really disorganised with 2 lo's, a job and a million other things on my to-do list. My money saving has failed miserably this month but trying not to get too downhearted, can try again next month.

I did fly lady last year and decluttered so much, was exhausted though. I have been trying to throw something out every day and tidy one area a day which makes me feel much better.

I am also doing the grocery challenge to keep costs down but having just started slimming world and 2 small fussy eaters it has thrown me a bit as I seem to be cooking 4 different meals which is crazy. DD is back at school next week so time to get organised ... :)
    June GC Budget - 310/400 :)
    July GC Budget - 445/400
    2 adults and 2 children
  • Hiya yer all are welcome
    sat here trying to motivate myself into putting the washing out before i have nother cuppa
    mums came round today so i steam mopped all the floor went shop and now just hoovering and a wipe over of the bathroom to go
  • Morning
    sat here for a quick update after making a good start on the flylady list for today
    not much planned for today and the kids are already fighting like mad and driving me round the bend so may have to go out for a walk to the park or summat to wear them out a bit
    really cant wait till they can play without trying to kill each other but i fear that will never happen
    got to make a big start on all the clothes and clutter in our bedroom so wish me luck it is a mammoth task
    hope everyone has a good day and gets all they want to done :D
  • lilbert
    lilbert Posts: 641 Forumite
    Morning. Got meatballs in the slow cooker, bulked out with more veg than there is meatballs! lol! Will get at least 2 of 5/7 a day and leftovers for freezer. Made a garlic ciabatta bread to go with it using reduced ciabatta. And a raisin bread and butter pudding with home-made bread that was past its best. Got the crusts cut off to feed the ducks with kids at the weekend. Leftovers for lunch, and I've made chicken salad pittas to take with us for the homeschool club tomorrow.
    I swear I spend half my life cooking and the other half cleaning!
  • we are having meatballs tonight :)
  • well very productive day sorted all the mess in our bedroom and the clothes feels so much nicer in there now more relaxing
    the kids have been on their worst behaviour and its a miracle we have all survived the day lol
    looking forward to dinner then collapsing on the sofa for the evening :D
  • rachiibell
    rachiibell Posts: 300 Forumite
    Ooh can I join too please? Really struggling to balance finishing my final year at uni, holding down a job and keeping the house clean. Plus me and OH have just gone through a bit of a rough patch lately. I'd love us to both be able to have a day off from everything but not a chance!
  • Yes of course u can :D
    it would be really nice to just disapear for a day me and hubby and get away from it all
    get so lost in kids house job etc there are just not enough hours in the day
    part of hy me and hubby had a break was because i sort of lost myself i was just a mum and a wife. my confidence was at rock bottom i waas so tired and stressed that i just couldnt see a way through it IYKWIM
  • rachiibell
    rachiibell Posts: 300 Forumite
    Yes of course u can :D
    it would be really nice to just disapear for a day me and hubby and get away from it all
    get so lost in kids house job etc there are just not enough hours in the day
    part of hy me and hubby had a break was because i sort of lost myself i was just a mum and a wife. my confidence was at rock bottom i waas so tired and stressed that i just couldnt see a way through it IYKWIM

I know exactly what you mean there! Me and OH are in our first year of living together and the stresses have been piling up and I felt like I'd lost myself and with uni piling on the pressure I just felt depressed and didn't even know how to tackle the day when I had so much on my to-do list and didn't even know where to begin!

Good luck with your new start :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport