Gatwick express

Hallo everybody!
Is there any alternative to the Gtawick Express? I'd like to grab the train but a chepest one

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bettiemme wrote: »
    Is there any alternative to the Gtawick Express? I'd like to grab the train but a chepest one
    I can't imagine that the answers will vary much from your previous thread: I know that was about Stansted but the advice stands ... for trains, book in advance, use TopCashBack and then go to RedSpottedHanky.

Also I think there may be non-express trains to Gatwick, make sure you select 'cheapest' rather than 'fastest' in the options.

Also if you go to any airport website you'll find an option for 'how to get here' which is likely to list all the transport options - you'll be out of luck if you ever want to get a train to Bristol airport, for example ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you are going from Victoria use a Southern train. It is cheaper than the Gatwick Express. You can also go from Blackfriars or London Bridge using FCC also cheaper.
  • w211
    w211 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you have a bit of time, you could always catch an EasyBus, from £2 if you book in advance.
  • w211 wrote: »
    If you have a bit of time, you could always catch an EasyBus, from £2 if you book in advance.
    I had a really bad experience with them so I don't think I want to repeat it.
  • There is a normal (non-express) commuter train that stops at Gatwick. I used the service when I took my son to the airport. It is much cheaper but not nearly as nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure