Payment Advice Please

Options
When i did my BR budget the nice OR lady said that if i had any unexpected bills like my bike needing work i could pay less on my payment that month to cover. Guess what....! My bike just had its MOT and needs the front wheel bearings doing as matter of urgency. I'm now looked after by the other set of intials (cant remember them, they in file at home), do I just email them and moonbeaver and amend my standing order?

Do the rest of you do this?

Am I normal? (ha ha ha I await response on that one)

Advice please, thanks :j
Its time to nut up or shut up......!:laugh:

Comments

• debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    This is the decision the or has to make, everyone with a motor vehicle is given an allowance for repairs in their soa so if it is a usual expected reasonable repair it should be covered by that and no reduction given, how ever if it is extraordinary then they should make a reduction
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
  • sealsandsqueals
    Options
    I think it depends on the OR, I was told allowances for car or home maintenance were no longer allowed and that any unexpected expenses could be looked in and I may be able to reduce my IPA to cover. This has just happened with a large household expense and they were very helpful. Hope that helps. Best to just to be honest and explain the circumstances to your OR.
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Options
    Crikey...and there was I, busy doing repairs myself!!!!!!!!!!
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    I think it depends on the OR, I was told allowances for car or home maintenance were no longer allowed and that any unexpected expenses could be looked in and I may be able to reduce my IPA to cover. This has just happened with a large household expense and they were very helpful. Hope that helps. Best to just to be honest and explain the circumstances to your OR.

As seals says, even if your OR does it differently, as long as you are honest and stick to the agreement made with them there should not be a problem
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure