We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

ok the daydream thread got past the 10;000 posts, sooooooooo we have now got a new thread:T.

When i started the thread nearly 3 years ago, i honestly didnt think it would have lasted this long, i thought i might have been the only mad one:D.

but we have become a nice little community on the daydream challenge thread.

some of us still dreaming, some of use have got the dream ( or a nightmare, depending on how you look at it).

here is a link to the original thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1544047
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you ctc! I love having the support and experience of you lot to call upon, and i love being able to laugh and cry about things with people who understand.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    CTC, congrats on the new thread!

Here's to another 10,000 daydreams!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 February 2012 at 11:29PM
    Thanks, CTC. :j Only you could do it! :A

Let's hope this is the thread where the dream becomes a reality for you too. grinning-smiley-030.gif
  • I happily second that :beer:

Thanks CTC :T

Alfie - We didn't wait for you to be away before we all moved home, honest ;) :rotfl:
    Hope you find your way back soon!
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We are not moving house with out alfie...we are laying the red carpet in advance of her arrival. :)
  • We are not moving house with out alfie...we are laying the red carpet in advance of her arrival. :)

:D Nice one.
  • plum22
    plum22 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Venturing out of lurkdom to offer the suggestion that the climber seen in the hedge is the flame flower (Tropaeolum speciosum). Its a perennial member of the nasturtium family that likes its roots cool and moist.
  • plum22 wrote: »
    Venturing out of lurkdom to offer the suggestion that the climber seen in the hedge is the flame flower (Tropaeolum speciosum). Its a perennial member of the nasturtium family that likes its roots cool and moist.

Thanks plum. :T
    Venture out more often, eh? :D
    (With that I'm off to put my roots down in my own bed - hopefully not cool & moist, though! Night all.)
  • Why do i feel as though i have lost something,:rotfl: its only a new flipping thread.

I have learned a heck of alot from you guys:T...which is worth alot more than money on times....

I have learned/realised we all have an ideal dream of where we would like to live etc, but in reality either due to money,:mad::mad: location, or even the property not even existing ( well we do go ott in our dreams lol). I will never get my exact daydream property..so compramise is key...plus reality and realistic need to step in....

There has been a good point made by Davesnave a while back, about the amount of land which is manageable, and also cost effecient... I think it came up in a conversation between davesnave and our rhiwie...which made me realise... for us maybe less is more... and in reality, maybe a little bit more realistic to reach...Plus.... older we are getting.... and not as fit as we used to be:cool:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,733 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    A nice shiny new thread, I'll carry on hanging onto everyones coat tails. Keep dreaming.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family