Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Comments

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Al1x wrote: »
    I've had an email from Delta to say our delay was due to operational reasons - does this mean I can still claim?

Have a read of the FAQs and all will bcome clear.
  • Hooray and up she rises.
  • I love the dodgems...

Bumping for Newbies
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • I love the dodgems...

Bumping for Newbies
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 February 2014 at 8:10AM
    lyndac40 wrote: »
    Hi Al1x.

They sure have taken there time. Am no expert on operational reason. I think if u search the forum regarding operational reasons there will be lots of advice as to your next step. I am sure they still have to tell you what operational reasons they were.

Lynda xxx
    They really have. I've contacted the CAA but all they said was I had to contact delta myself again before looking at my case. So i did what they said and delta have finally come back to me offering us £100 vouchers each (for all 8 of us!) they said its a goodwill gesture and that the EU Regs don't apply in our case. I'm so sure they are wrong. I just need to find something official that says that connecting flights are covered even if they aren't in Europe. Any ideas where I can find this?

Edit:
    I've read Folkerts v Air France case C-11/11 but can't see if it covers flights like mine that the connecting flight isn't in the EU. It might be there somewhere but I'm still a bit sleepy! I'll have another read later.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Kitty please ...
  • Al1x
    If I write a reply, could I PM it to someone to check it sounds ok? (or should I just post it up?)
  • Al1x
    Big thanks to Centipede100 for checking my email. I've sent it off so hope they contact me again soon!
  • cart583
    cart583 Posts: 49 Forumite
    hi, our party of 4 were due to fly last sunday 23rd feb with air transat from gatwick to toronto due to depart 0745. when we went to check in we were told that there was a long delay and we would prob fly around 8.30pm. later we had updates that it was the flight coming in from calgary that was to be used for our flight that had the problem and eventually it landed at gatwick around 9.25pm. so we didnt take off till around 10.45pm. this makes it around a 15 hour delay. is it worth claiming and how do we get the ball rolling? thanks
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    cart583 wrote: »
    is it worth claiming

That's up to you. Only you can decide that. But not sure why it wouldn't be ...
    cart583 wrote: »
    and how do we get the ball rolling?

Read the FAQs?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family