PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2016 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    here we go again folks!!

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks zippychick xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thank you for the new thread, zippychick. I will keep to £100 again this month and if I achieve it will reduce budget next month.
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    May I join please £250 for me.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Hi I would like to join in August , with the first shopping being on 3rd of Aug. I would like to stick to a budget of £90 a week so £450.00 for August :/ . Thats for 3 Adults 2 children and 2 cats and including toiletries and cleaning products. I did this a while back but got out of practice and our food shop went up to £110 a wk again so this will save £20 a week £1000 odd a year straight away :)

I will be trying my hand at couponing and hunting for YS Bargains plus doing loads of home cooking :) ........ but the kids are on there Hols and we will have an extra adult for a few weeks too sooo ... hopefully.
  • flipper_72
    flipper_72 Posts: 671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am back in again, I haven't been doing so well recently partly I think because I no longer have 3 stuffed freezers and partly just taking my eye off the ball.
    My youngest is at his last day of primary so my food bill is going to be increasing as I need to do lunches for him from now on, school dinners cost £2.10 per day for us so £399 over the course of a school year, I am going to add half of that to the budget as I am sure I can do it cheaper.
    My new budget is therefore £266 however I am also going to be realistic that we are away camping for 10 days and I don't want to scrimp so will be overly generous at 350 for just this month.
  • empy
    empy Posts: 325 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all, wow I can't believe its August nearly already... I did not do so well with my grocery budget last month due to various health and work issues and I completely lost the plot money wise. This month we are off for our annual jaunt to Spain on the 01/08/16 so I'll reduce my grocery budget accordingly( DH pays for everything while we are away ;) )

I am determined to use my 6 weeks off to really get to grips with my food budget and try and save money and waste. Could I please be put down for £250

Good luck all and enjoy the lovely sun we are having.

Emma x
    OS Grocery Challenge
    August £250/ £103.44 left
  • Geldsparerin
    Geldsparerin Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2016 at 9:27PM
    Please sign me up for £250
    I have a just over a week away and hopefully won't be food shopping then. I started last month and it has made a huge difference to my budget just by doing a stock check, meal planning, cooking from scratch and only buying what we need. Hoping to pick up more tips as I go. Bring it on!!
    October 2016 Grocery Challenge £76.11/250/
    September 2016 Grocery Challenge £252,10/250/
    August 2016 Grocery Challenge £241.89/250/
    NSD September: 12
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi, can I go for £80 a week, sorry no red. All meals for 5 basically adults plus laundry and cleaning stuff, need to spend this max really. Thanks all.starting tomorrow.
  • Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For August, I'm going to aim for £300 - broke July's budget trying to 'stock up' so if I can't stick to £300 in August then there's something wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure