Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help

Comments

• matttye wrote: »
    I've just got an aqua card and set up a direct debit to pay in full using their website. The website doesn't let you choose the date the DD gets taken, but I think you can change it by calling customer services.

Online it says my payment due date is the 1st of each month and the date they will take the DD is the 1st of each month. That seems like an attempt to trip me up as half of the time, when the 1st falls on a weekend, I will be late paying!

With my cap1 card there's about a 3-4 day grace period between the date they take my DD and the due date.

I don't pay DD so couldn't comment, I've always used faster payment, my problem was that I payed on the day the statement was issued and because of Aqua's system it classed that payment as an extra payment on the previous month, so in their book I'd missed that months payment.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Iand1 wrote: »
    No direct debit taken by Aqua this month so far. was due on Mon 15th July, coming out of a Natwest account.

I have had my £100 cashback this month, so wonder if that counted?

Also, on their online servicing page, it says payment made on 15th on the left hand side, but not listed in transactions on right hand side...

Cashback doesn't count.

This is the reason why I paid with a debit card this month. Direct debit failures (I don't know if yours is or if it's just late showing) will be their fault, but I really can't be bothered to sort it out and complain when it goes wrong.
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,115
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I started a thread last week about this, as there was a leaflet in with this months statement. However I had already made this months faster payment a few days before the statement arrived. That went through ok and was credited within 30 minutes. However when I tried to set up a new payment using the details provided, my bank said the company and account number did not exist, I am with Halifax.

I did contact Aqua about this but like other people have said they have not replied to me..........

I have been able to set up a new payment today on halifax and they are now automatically generating the new details for Aqua now.

I intend to send a small payment accross before I pay my bill next month though just in case and would advise anyone else to do the same. There should not be a problem but then again them changing their details with all the banks should have been done before telling customers to set new payments up. So it doesn't hurt to make sure it works before sending a full payment over.
  • Herbalus
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2013 at 11:25AM
    I was just reading the Lending Code and shaking my head in amazement of how far short Aqua fall when it comes to dealing "quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong", and giving "clear information about their products and services – how they work".

Then I realised that Aqua don't actually subscribe to the Lending Code. Crikey.
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,956
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just paid my full outstanding balance of £11.76 using:

Sort code: 80-20-45
    Account no. 00213765

And it got accepted OK. This was via Nationwide.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2013 at 10:53AM
    Looks like I'll be closing my account on it's 12th (month) anniversary.

Out of principle.

Having said that though surely it would cost them more to have me on their books never paying interest and earning more cashback than they charge retailers in merchant fees? Might keep it then :p
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    matttye wrote: »
    Online it says my payment due date is the 1st of each month and the date they will take the DD is the 1st of each month. That seems like an attempt to trip me up as half of the time, when the 1st falls on a weekend, I will be late paying!

I've had a few Aqua DD dates fall in weekends and bank holidays. They were taken the first working day after, and they weren't considered late payments.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Uplink wrote: »
    I've had a few Aqua DD dates fall in weekends and bank holidays. They were taken the first working day after, and they weren't considered late payments.

Thanks for that :)

I might ask Aqua to confirm that in writing for my own peace of mind :p
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2013 at 11:04AM
    Herbalus wrote: »
    I was just reading the Lending Code and shaking my head in amazement of how far short Aqua fall when it comes to dealing "quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong", and giving "clear information about their products and services – how they work".

Then I realised that Aqua don't actually subscribe to the Lending Code. Crikey.

They enclosed a lending code leaflet with my card.

Edit:

"Does aqua subscribe to any codes?
    aqua credit cards are issued by Progressive Credit Limited. Progressive Credit Limited is owned by SAV Credit Limited, is a member of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA) and subscribes to the FLA's Lending Code. Copies of the FLA's Lending Code can be obtained from www.fla.org.uk"

http://www.aquacard.co.uk/credit-card-faq
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Herbalus
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2013 at 11:31AM
    Strange. Neither Aqua, Progressive Credit Ltd, nor SAV Credit Ltd appear on the list of subscribers on the lending code website: http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/subscriberlist.php

Edit: we're talking about different codes. Aqua do not subscribe to the Lending Standards Lending Code.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure