Zafira - Emissions Warning Light Problem

On my '02 reg Zafira the emissions warning light keeps coming on every other week. My mechanic has had it on diagnostics and says the "EGR" valve is faulty ( Emissions Gas Regulator ?????) Quoted £200 to replace. Anyone come across this before ??

Comments

• EGR valves are only around £80-90 new, would be surprised if it cost £200 to replace it...even with labour! (Unless its through Vauxhall)

(Part is £50 delivered through ebay for a new one)

More info here
    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=Zafira+EGR+valve&hl=en&hs=sPf&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&sa=X&oi=groups&ct=title
  • Look on Ebay for the EGR. They are easy to change. Three star keys and a wire. You should be able to clean it though. The Egrs are a common problem on vauxhall they get full or carbon and jam then that brings up the light.

Just looking on my Tis Vauxhall software and found a Workshop update. Go to Vauxhall and ask them to re flash your ECU the the lastest software. It stop the ECU looking at the EGR valve so you wont have anymore Faults. Done a search on google and it costs about £30 - £40
    Filiss
  • rosscobley wrote:
    Look on Ebay for the EGR. They are easy to change. Three star keys and a wire. You should be able to clean it though. The Egrs are a common problem on vauxhall they get full or carbon and jam then that brings up the light.

Just looking on my Tis Vauxhall software and found a Workshop update. Go to Vauxhall and ask them to re flash your ECU the the lastest software. It stop the ECU looking at the EGR valve so you wont have anymore Faults. Done a search on google and it costs about £30 - £40

Thanks, is this home mechanic territory ?? I could use a diagram / pics of where to locate etc.etc if anyone can assist or point me in the right direction. And is it still advisable to re-flash the ecu after replacement. Much obliged ...
  • Yeah you could do it yourself. I believe if you just clean it then take it to vauxhall and have the euc reflashed then the engine computer wont look at the EGR again as the new software stops its.

I will have a look see if i can find anything
    Filiss
  • Thanks, is this home mechanic territory ?? I could use a diagram / pics of where to locate etc.etc if anyone can assist or point me in the right direction. And is it still advisable to re-flash the ecu after replacement. Much obliged ...

Hello Misterjingle: May I know where I can buy/get a copy of the Vauxhall TIS software in the latest version for the Zafira A? Tks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure