System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope Madrid is/was fun!! How is your back? xx
  • coastalchick
    coastalchick Posts: 292 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2017 at 10:50AM
    Options
    hey sauce. Madrid was amazing! What a lovely city! Just so relaxing (though boozy!). Of course £££ but holidays and memories are important to us.

Back held up ok. Had to take the odd pain killer here and there (esp when we went to guns n roses and were standing up for hours!).

Was hell even getting through 3 days at work this week since whilst relaxed, was knackered as the Spanish eat really late (we are normally in bed by 10!).

Not spent much since got back - the odd thing here and there. The horrid girl came round on weds night with 1 of the nice girls, was meant to be 3 but one dropped out. Had usual shennanigans of her wanting to bring her dog (despite me having a cat) and me saying no and her getting in a huff. Then bullying me as usual into letting the dog in and the cat had a freak out. Someone at my work said "she is a lady who always gets her way". Of course I paid for the take away £27 (even though mine was only £7) and no transfer of cash yet.

Off today (thank the lord) so walking to trainer in a mo then will walk back - will be £32.50 but need to do it. Then tomorrow I have an induction at a gym. I have really piled on the pounds (can't get into my clothes) so have decided its time to do something. Am cutting down on food and booze (apart from next weekend in france!) but just don't think it's realistic to diet when food forms such a huge part of mine and B's relationship/life so have decided to up the exercise instead. It's £7.20 per session at local gym. Because of work I can get a rate of £45 a month but have to sign up for 3 months and don't know if I like it yet so going to just see how I like it/how much I use it for a month before making a decision.

Tonight is "big shop" though we are living out of freezer next week so hopefully won't spend too much. We are also in all weekend. B has his male friends round tomorrow afternoon to watch the cricket so I will either meet one of my friends or just retreat upstairs and work on my book!

After trainer I need to go to shops to get milk/something for lunch (always same on a friday!!) then will work on book all afternoon. Have blinds man and tiler coming round from 2 so need to let them in. Will prob get us something for tea at shop as well.

So glad we are in this weekend!!!!
  • coastalchick
    Options
    so glad walked to trainer and back as feel like have done a good amount of exercise already today. \

Just went through freezer and we had: 4 portions of home made lasagne, 4 portions of home made tagine, 1 portion of home made risotto, a pork tenderloin, 2 sausages, 1 burger, 2 kebab things, 2 lemon sole fillets, 1 salmon fillet, a pizza and 2 pulled pork things. So we will be eating from there next week and just adding veg/couscous, plus will get some roast chicken and wraps and salad to make lunches (cos we got back late monday we just bought sarnies this week and was a fortune!).

Going to shower now and go to shops. As we don't need much (need loo roll and bleach, work biscuits, milk, that sort of thing) will do our big shop now so B can just chill tonight.

Then lunch and will work on my book!!!
  • coastalchick
    Options
    hmmm, so still £74 in supermarket!!!! But £20 of it was on a meal for tonight and a diffuser thingie to make bathroom smell nice. Also got some corona as just fancied them (and they were 20% off when I got to them) but other than that, not quite sure how it stacked up as didn't really buy much extra to what was on list. We needed cheese which is always expensive and got cereal (3 packs as all on offer) so just not quite sure how that happened!

Am suffering from terrible acid today even though have taken a tablet for it. Not quite sure why but it's really unpleasant!

Just went through accounts and have around £500 left from this month's budget which is to last until 19th. We are away in france with friends next weekend and accommodation still needs to be settled (as friend has not told how much we owe yet despite chasing!!) but that will be paid for from my holiday account and we have around E550 left from Madrid (as we got more out knowing we could use rest in france) so hoping that will cover everything (my friends eat and drink A LOT).

Nice girl has paid up for take out but unsurprisingly horrid girl hasn't. This is how it ALWAYS is and usually, if I meet her for lunch (which I don't anymore as she actively dislikes me!) then she will inevitably "forget" her purse or card or whatever and I end up paying then it takes weeks of chasing to get it back from her. I paid for her cinema ticket last time we went (last year) which she still hasn't paid me back for!

Wouldn't mind if it was the odd time and there are some friends it comes out in the wash with where they pay one time and you pay another or something, or you're out the next time and they remember they owe you so chip in the debt to cover a bit off your bill, but it is literally EVERY time with her.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I would not put up with that and refuse to pay for the "so called" friend. Point out she still owes you from the time before and the time before that and let her either pay or sit there watching you eat particularly if she does it every time. You could always say you can't afford to pay for her too.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • coastalchick
    Options
    Thanks ES. Wish I could do that but the other girls (who LOVE her - so maybe it's just that I'm an old fuddy no fun duddy) would probs think I was being a b1tch as she seems to pay up to them! She's always been like this with me though and bullies me whereas she doesn't bully the others.

So, today, have been to gym! Had induction then worked out for an hour - was £7.20 (which I paid over the phone the other day to book place) as paying by session but will see how often I go (and want to test how busy it is in the week) before decide whether or not to get a membership. But walked there and back (approx 25 mins each way) so that's good. Took no cards with me and own water.

About to have lunch from stores now. Have a small quiche (never realised how many calories in those things until now - !!!!!!!!!!) and we had 3 eggs to use up so will make a small amount of scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese. Then a roll each, leftover crisps and a token bit of salad. Not the healthiest I know and am quite annoyed it's all we really have for lunch after doing a workout!

Then got to clean inside of car as we are taking it to france on fri for long weekend with friends. B washed outside yesterday so I will clear inside of rubbish and give it a clean today and a hoover when at B's mum's tomorrow.

Then not sure what this pm - maybe work on my book. B is outside (and has been since around 9am) dealing with the garden! We had massive ant hills (and loads of them) so had to get the chap to come around and spray twice and B is now washing them all away with a power washer. Horrid little things. Red ants too!
  • coastalchick
    Options
    arrghhhh, B sent me out for more beers yesterday and ended up also buying the weekend newspapers (FT for B, daily mail for me), more crisps and more burger buns - £17!!!!. Then one of B's mates messaged say he was passing and could he pop in. He is a MASSIVE drinker so we literally went through the beers (8) in an hour! Plus all crisps!! Then he went and B and I had a bbq and carried on!

Today should be v minimal spend, need some more milk but have got lasagne out of freezer for tea - will have that with spinach.
  • coastalchick
    Options
    this week not been too bad spend-wise. have taken lunch from stores in each day and have walked to and from work increasing fitness and saving petrol money. Ordered my dad some father's day presents so was about £28. Had to pay the ant killer man which was £25 each (but from house account) and had to pay friend for france accommodation £116 (but from holiday account). Spent £7.99 on 2 breathalyser tests which apparently you now have to have in france when driving and £7.20 on gym.

Am knackered after it as walked home (25 mins) as well - did 30 mins running and 30 mins on bike plus weights. Ready for bed now!!!

Nasty girl finally paid up but made a dig about fact I had got take out saying that the reason the rest of them cook was because then don't have to chase for cash. I went back saying I'd only suggested that as thought it was the done thing, as the other girl, who had organised a night at hers, had suggested take out for her night so I hence I thought it was the done thing (almost said and there seems to be loads I've not been invited to recently so no wonder I wasn't aware, but resisted!). Then she came back saying no, that was only if loads of people and the other girl had 2 kids to juggle!!!! I do get rather annoyed with this whole "I've got kids so I can't do x, y, z/need special dispensation" thing - she also works more part time than me so has more time to cook! But she did recognise I'd bought pudding (neglected to mention I'd also provided wine).

Thank god she will be gone soon so I don't have to put up with her b*llsh1t and bullying any more!!!!
  • coastalchick
    Options
    walked to work again and took lunch from stores. Got a free slice of brownie as was a partners meeting at lunch and cake left over but I just took a slither due to calorie issues! Got my dad a father's day card (£2.50) and stamp for that and for posting our planning application (£1.71). Got some stuff from b**ts - £16.53 but B will be on the hook for some of it.

Then B wanted to go out for dinner. Think because we are now off until tues. So went to a local pizza place. B decided to treat me and thank god as was £63!!!! Had a pizza each, shared side fries and salad, shared a tiramisu, I had 2 G&T's and B had 1. Plus tip. Then walked home (35 mins) though I had to stop for a wee 3 times!!!!

Now B outside having lit the chiminea, and I'm inside having just exfoliated and moisturised to do fake tan. Both drinking "posh" coffee (tassimo).

Have cancelled trainer for tomorrow as he is £32.50 and will go to gym instead (£7.20). Then need bag of cat food (approx £31 but split with B), to get us lunch for tomorrow and fill car with petrol before heading off to french france for the weekend. Oh, need illuminous vests too as is french law!!!
  • coastalchick
    Options
    oh, forgot a major spend - our planning application was £360 (£180 each) so that's a biggie. Reckon after spending today and filling car with petrol will have around £150 spare so thinking will divide that 3 ways - house account (as we need new bed frame and sofa), holiday account and savings.

Not managed to make gym today as don't want socks to wreck fake tan as in france for 4 days and due to be a scorcher so will need to wear dresses to keep cool. The fake tan comment prob makes me sound arrogant but I'm not, it's just that I am literally SO pale (used to get picked on at school for it) that fake tan makes me look like a "normal" person!! Might try and do a davina fit though.

Still worry EVERY day re money and that we won't have enough in the future. Do most people worry?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure