* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Eureka moment, I have reins for her, must go and find them,
    Peppa, hope the house sale goes smoothly.

How did the shopping go? I only vaguely recall ever having reigns as a child - I think my mum found them a faff trying to to leave me tangled up somewhere and in the end decided a firm hand and a stern 'don't wander off' did the trick. :o

No xmas prep here - though I did look at my spending diary today and realised how much of what I've spent this month is actually xmas related, which made me feel a teeny bit smug :o I think I might have missed a couple of returns back to B00ts though from the 70% sale - they're things I was possibly going to give as gifts this year then found other items which are similar - so can't even really give them next year....perhaps the year after :rotfl:

Need to get sorted on some b'day cards (most of those are £ in them though so no gifts to worry about)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• PIXTOTTS some good competition wins there, i am quite lucky with draws and competitons too but mostly small bits but a win is a win haha

Haha it is indeed! Talking about the shoes has made me want to get them out and wear them, they seem a little over kill for pottering around home/ popping to Tesco lol!

I have done a sad sad thing today :( packed away my Christmas papercutting supplies into a Christmas box and put them away :'( ignore the fact that this means I haven't yet sat at my desk since before Christmas, :/ I've gotten into the bad habbit of working sat on my bed, which REALLY isn't very productive lol!
    Also my Sainsbobs Christmas tree candle has nearly died :'( I didn't manage to stock up this year they all sold out and they are the only one I've found to smell like an actual tree boo!! I have coastal breeze or christmas cupcake to replace it... the christmas cupcake is mostly vanilla so not that Christmassy...

It's offical christmas is over :(
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi Folks,

The Drifters were note perfect,if you like that kinda thing and you get the chance,do it.

Pixtots,the worktop is oak,I still haven't done it,I Will in the morning before my craft club.The stuff stinks for hours.I use a little roller it is really quick once you kick yourself up the rear to do it.
    You are good with competitions.The only time I have ever won anything was when I was asked to draw a raffle ticket and it was mine so felt obliged to say draw again.

I have been to the theatre tonight to see the Scottish falsetto sock theatre do Shakespeare.I loved it,not everyones cup of tea but I like word play humour.

We are going again tomorrow to see a farce.I would happily stay at home every night but I think I should make the effort to accept invitations.There may be a time when I can't so make hay whilst the sun shines.

Good news with you and yours Mrs I.

i just can't believe how difficult it is for you folks with mice.The crafty little beggars are just too smart for their own good.I had them a couple of times at a previous house.I got a fancy trap from B n Q and gave them peanut butter.I didn't get one every night but eventually got 4.They were under the stairs and I was scared they would nest in the Christmas decs.They had eaten a good part of a tree box!

I am knitting the backs for the Arran cushions that my Mum has made me.She is so talented with crafts.She can turn her hand to anything.I can knit and sew but no where near as good as she does.

Laters Vx
     :
  • Hi, shopping went well, more wool, sweeties, beanz, compost, canvas pictures (pictures not that good, but the size is just right for covering with a poster).
    DGN is fast asleep on my bed at present, her mummy said she had been awake from 4am. yes reins are a faff, l need one of those type which goes round their and your wrist, really, will look for one sometime soon.
    We stopped for a drink and a scone, and the littley had the place in an uproar, The marshmallows and cream for the hot choc. were in separate bowls, so she was trying to eat the mallows with a teaspoon, couldn't understand that they fell off just before they reached her mouth, so she was on her feet looking round for them!! Then she tried the cream, which did NOT fall off the spoon, but covered her face and chin liberally.
    Need a coffee, one which isn't cold by l get to it.
  • Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well! I am too many pages behind to catch up I’m afraid so I’m really sorry if I’ve missed any big news. The good news for me is I am starting to turn a corner with my sickness, I am unfortunately still on anti-sickness medication which I hate but need it to function and eat. Hopefully now things are starting to improve I will be able to come off it in due course. I’ve started to get out and about again and have been taking Wiggle to some playgroups which is nice as it feels like I’m in the real world again. I went to Tesco the other day for the first time in about three months!

I did manage to get a few bits in the sales for Christmas, a couple of the presents I bought are toiletries so I hope they’ll be ok, not sure whether it was a good idea or not! I mentioned to my mum after Christmas that I used all of my wrapping paper up and couldn’t get to any in the sales so she said she’d get some for me. Every time I’ve seen her since she’s brought me more wrapping paper, I’m not even sure how many rolls I have now! :rotfl:

Anyway I just wanted to say hi, now I’m getting better I hope to be back more often. I hope you are all ok and big hugs to anyone that needs them. xx
  • Afternoon everyone, well i have sorted my gas and electric, i found a good deal yesterday (the best so far) of staying with BG fixed until may 18 and only £11 more, so i am happy that is over for another year and a bit.

PIXTOTTS if you want to wear them around the house wear them we are only here once :D i am still burning christmas fragrances too :D

MRSINVISIBLE glad you had a lovely day out with DGN it sounded a riot and lots of fun :D

VULPIX it sounds as if you have a fab social life atm, you enjoy it my lovely :D

PRINCESSKITTY aww honey im so glad you have turned a corner and beginning to feel human again, and enjoying groups with wiggle again. Im quite jealous i couldnt find any nice paper in the sales :D
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Theres a link on the grabbit board for the John lewis boxer dog soft toy its been reduced from £15 to £4.50 [£8 delivered slightly cheaper if you click and collect.]

Nothing much happening here at the Drs at 7-30 as i have another water infection so no doubt Antibiotics again.
  • vulpix - ah yep oak is what we are getting, I guess I have this to look foward to :( . And don't you just hate it when you draw your own ticket on a raffle feel like you've cheated even though you haven't lol.

princesskitty29 :rotfl: sounds like you'll be able to wrap the entire house next year :P if you have any small gifts / are feeling crafty you can make little gift bags from wrapping paper and they are pretty simple, I remember making them at brownies/guides the once :)

freespirit66 - that's very true, plus wearing them round the house I'd get used to heels again, just got to tidy my room first or I'll break something lol! Christmas candles are the best, they are pretty much all I burn all year round :D I accidentally came home with a clintons 'butter crunch cookie' one for £3 instead of £10 yesterday! :) They had a cinnamon one too but it was very cinnamony and while I like the taste of cinnamon the smell never seems quite right :/

Also while in clintons I accidentally came home with 6 rolls of washi tape for myself (all 29p or 69p!) and 3 gorgeous keyrings 2 hedgehogs and a rabbit, £1.50 instead of £5! 1 for a friend for her birthday and my mums stolen the other two one each for me and sister for easter or birthday or Christmas depending on when she remembers she has them lol. The whole lot was £9 something instead of over £35!! :O!
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • Afternoon everyone,

CHRISSY i hope you feel better soon and the antibiotics kick in quickly

PIXTOTTS aaahh i love YC Cinnamon Stick its one of my top favourites
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Sorry not posted for a few days, had DGD here for half term so had very little access to the iPad as she's discovered YouTube :D Took her home last night and babysitting DGSs this afternoon while DD is at work so sneaked on while they're napping.

Nothing festive going on here but house is now on the market and we have three viewings booked for tomorrow although two of them have properties to sell. I'd forgotten how stressful it is having people to look round your house, I'm seeing lots of 'problem' areas that I've never noticed before! Fortunately I'm pretty tidy anyway but I seem to have developed OCD in the past few days!

Don't think I've missed any newbies but if I have then apologies and welcome to this lovely group. Lovely to see you posting again PRINCESSKITTY and so glad the sickness is finally easing up a bit.

Hope the antibiotics do their stuff CHRISSY.

PIXTOTTS/FREE I had a fabulous pair of Irregular Choice shoes for my birthday back in November from my DDs but haven't been able to wear them because my peripheral neuropathy (hangover from the chemo) means I need to keep my feet warm. I think I'll wear them around the house so by the time the weather is warmer I should be able to walk in them!

Apologies if I've missed people but hopefully I can post more regularly again now so I'll be able to keep up.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport