Mortgage free by 50!!!!

Comments

• Couldn't resist another OP so i paid the £2 off the mortgage and £80 off my holiday...I guess it's a better addiction than booze though??

I've got a manic work day today so I'm knuckling down to crack on with it...the car is full of petrol, the cupboards and fridge and freezer are full too so I'm hoping my £15 will last me til Friday which is payday! I've got a few pounds in my pennies tin too so it should do!

Here's to a busy and productive MSE day...my lab doesn't agree and is asleep on my feet whilst I'm working though! I'm sure anyone ringing can hear her snoring!!
    Original mortgage £154,850 (2013)
    Mortgage now £148,370.15:beer:

Original savings £0 (2013)
    Savings now £3000 in ISA and premium bonds
    £60 in mini savings pot, £600 in Xmas vouchers
  • Hi Sleepygirl Have just read your diary from the very beginning. You have done so well.You are so focused. Lovely hearing about your job change. Understand how scary these decisions are but you only live once and have to make the most of opportunities as they come along.
    I am also hoping to pay off my mortgage early. It opens up new options. I read somewhere that a £1 not spent is a £1 less to earn. That's so true.
    Keep up the good work keep posting and I've subscribed.
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Aw thanks Mrs M...I'll look forward to sharing your journey with you too...the support of this forum is infallible!!

• Ok...so I've been manic today and I still have another hour to go ...but I've stopped for a cuppa and to share this with you all!
    I had an email from school today...DS has got detention tomorrow because he forgot a book several times, got detention and FORGOT TO GO TO DETENTION!!!! I am not kidding!! He's on another planet!!!
    He's grounded...he's not happy...chez sleepy is not a happy home tonight!!!

• Good morning...peace is now restored and we are a happy house again! A pile of OPs finally showed up on my mortgage balance today making it look a bit healthier...all those odd pounds and pence do add up! My 2 normal OPs of £75 and £155 go out on 30th of this month and 6th of next month so it will look healthier again..
    No chance of a NSD today as we need carrots, apples and cheese but I'm still surviving on my last £15 and there's still cash in my tin! It's payday Friday so I'm hopeful we'll make it!!
    Have a great hump day!!

• It's absolutely peeing down here ...I found a bag of microwave popcorn in the cupboard so DS and I are scoffing them and watching rubbish tv!
    In the bad old days I would have wanted something from the chippy but I made him chilli and rice from the freezer and I'm going to cook myself something from the freezer too ...still no heating on...it's wet but mild!

• I woke up at 4am wondering why I couldn't move to discover the cat lying along me...he's not allowed in at night due to his tendency to wake me up at 5 so I'm not sure how he snuck in!
    So I've been awake since 4...I started work at 7 having given up on sleep so I'm on it...
    My garage conversion is finally happening in 2 weeks which is great...it's going to be a music room for DS so he can drum away and not disturb my neighbours! It's all paid for so it's not coming out of my budget!
    DS has decided he wants to go back to school dinners next week...I could have put money on that happening! It's a bit more expensive but I'll be glad not to be packing lunch...
    I have a potential new member of staff doing some days with me today and tomorrow as a trial...i am sinking under the workload but I need an office if I have someone full time as my other staff all work from home too so it's a big decision....if I can pull in some more work, I can do it!

• So....it's payday and my mortgage doesn't go out until Monday but I've checked my OPs for September and they are nearly £280!! It's been hard going on one wage with a teenage DS ...at the moment I'm really focused and the knowledge that my emergency fund is there is such a comfort to me!
    I'll be able to update my total again on Monday as one OP goes out in the mortgage payment and another goes out on 6th as a standing order...by Xmas it should be down to £147k and I'm hoping to clear £7000 off it next year as I should able to take some dividends from the business too..so that's the aim!
    I can't thank you all enough for your support and ideas...you've all been amazing and to see those of you that have done it makes me more determined than ever!

• Having a peaceful and free evening watching only fools and horses on catch up...the wonderful episode with the blow up dolls! So funny!
    Just realised it will he a tighter month in October as I have to pay a chunk of our cruise but I should be able to squirrel some OPs away.
    I've re-evaluated all the household bills and I cant push them any lower so we'll keep budgeting in other ways.
    I'm concerned about the likelihood of interest rates riding...I could cope with a rise in our budget but it would mean OPing less...it's another reason to really get rid of this mortgage!!

• sleepygirl126
    sleepygirl126 Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2017 at 9:59AM
    So...yesterday was a bit spendy ..I took my mum to tea at the Ritz in London and I had to pay for the tube etc too...well worth it though as it was her big birthday so we had to celebrate! It was lovely but I think you pay for the surroundings and the ambience..I bought a new picture for the living room too as I've been looking for the right one for 2 years!!! I finally found the perfect one in the D*benhams sale..
    Back to being good today...went through the freezer and cupboards , made a shopping list for Mr T and will pop along today and buy it..i always put a £1 worth of shopping in the food bank too...there but for the grace of god go any of us! I couldn't imagine being unable to feed DS
    Octobers first OP made too...the standard one added to my direct debit £68.08

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts