Help with credit reports showing confusions.

Hi,

I’ve recently checked my credit score both with Experian and Equifax. Apparently there’s an acount with O2 with £7.49 in arrears that’s affecting me getting credit. I don’t remember owning O2 any money so I called them up and they said in June 2014 there was a bill of £21.90 and I paid £14.41 which left £7.49 to be paid. This is where the confusion comes. I looked through my email to see if I received any thing from O2 reminding me of that £21.90 which I coudn’t find. I also looked for that payment in June 2014 of £14.41 which I coudn’t see on my bank statement either. So I called them again and require them a copy of the bills, and they said it’s been too long they have no access to it. The lady on the phone asks me to send O2 credit referal team an email and explain everything to them. She said they will sure have the proof of me owning them £7.49. I haven’t got a reply yet.

Also, on the other hand, to make things even more confusing. With Experian, it says account is closed. With Equifax, it says account is un-updated, and there’s no settled date. (Is there anyway I can upload the 2 photos? I’m new here so it’s not letting me post links).

My question is what should I do now? I have absolutely no clue what to do next. Will paying that £7.49 off affect my credit score (as late payment?) or should I leave it there until it dissappear in a few years? My last payment problems is over 50 months ago which is a good indication on my report. Any advice, please?

Many thanks. :beer:

Comments

• I'm guessing you no longer have an o2 contract? If I'm correct, telephone o2 and ask them to ensure your account is closed. You might have to pay the £7 if that's outstanding. Get it in writing.
    Paying the owed amount won't remove the late payment off your file but you could try disputing if with o2. Write and tell them you never received notification and its such a small sum that you would easily have paid it had you known etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure