EON customers-Convert Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi ih8stress

I do understand the concern caused when tariffs are launched which don't include certain benefits, like Tesco Clubcard points, that were available before.

However, I'm afraid it's not possible to include every benefit with every tariff as this wouldn't be economically viable.

We look at the costs of each possible benefit when a new product is launched to see if they can be included.

For instance, some of our online tariffs generally have lower prices but no Tesco points; whereas other tariffs may not be so competitive price wise but have other benefits which may suit individual customers.

Circumstances change, too. Therefore, what may have been possible at one time may not be at another. This can work the other way round as well. Withdrawn benefits may be re-introduced in later tariffs depending on the costs/circumstances at the time.

Sorry I can't offer anything more positive ih8stress but hope this makes our approach a little clearer.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • unhappy_shopper
    unhappy_shopper Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    When other Tesco clubcard deals offer 3 times the points value, why is EON offering only 1.5x ? If EON offers 3x value, then I might take up this deal. Else my points are spent elsewhere, maybe Goldsmiths, for a better deal.
    Mortgage: @ Feb. 2007: £133,200; Apr. 2011: £24,373; May 2011: £175,999; Jun 2013: ~£97K; Mar. 2014 £392,212.73; Dec. 2015: £327,051.77; Mar. 2016: ~£480K; Mar. 2017 £444,445.74
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When other Tesco clubcard deals offer 3 times the points value, why is EON offering only 1.5x ? If EON offers 3x value, then I might take up this deal. Else my points are spent elsewhere, maybe Goldsmiths, for a better deal.

Hi unhappy_shopper

This is a brand new initiative which is only in its trial period.

It's different to anything else we've done before so it's a case of seeing how it goes.

Tesco do various other offers with various amounts of points involved. Some are three times as much, some less. It's very difficult to judge one against another as they all involve different things.

This is just a new offer to see if it's of any interest to our customers.

Sorry you're not keen unhappy_shopper but hope it may be of interest in the future.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bigstevex
    bigstevex Posts: 913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    1.5X is a bit of a joke, you can get more for them on ebay and then use what you get off the bay to pay your whole Eon bill instead of part of it!
  • 1cat2fish
    1cat2fish Posts: 99 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    I would like to be able to collect club cards points on my bills again, rather than pay my bill with clubcard points.
    I see clubcard points as away of having a treat, not to pay bills with. My latest treat was a wooden arbour with a swing seat, much nicer than paying a bill.:)
  • tali
    tali Posts: 709 Forumite

I'm mulling over this offer - although imho the 3 times points are for goods and services that are a bit off a rip off in the first place anyway imho- because of this i have never used the 3 or 4 times points value.
    I have always used for shopping - but the eon offer would it seems be better instead for me anyway
  • Slightly off topic, but I would like to thank the OP as I had totally overlooked the fact that we are with EON for our energy. This thread prompted me to register our clubcard to get the extra points. So... thank you!
  • Slightly off topic, but I would like to thank the OP as I had totally overlooked the fact that we are with EON for our energy. This thread prompted me to register our clubcard to get the extra points. So... thank you!

I second that - I've also just registered my clubcard to earn points, having missed this information when I moved house.

Thanks to the OP for the information and thank you to the Eon representative Malc for taking time to comment on this thread. Nice to see an energy company keeping up to date with their customers.

:D
  • I see I am not new in finding my rewards from Eon are now zero!

It seems this has been the case for months and on calling Eon it appears that no online tariff supports any tesco rewards and I can only be offered rewards on a standard tariff....which means an increase of £150 per year.

Yet I have never been informed of these changes, I was not advised when I signed up and entered my clubcard details and on Tesco own website, there is no mention of selective tariffs..

So is this a fair way to both deal with customers ? and to promote a deal which in principal is no deal at all..with the added fact that Tesco are now actively promoting the deal to exchange vouchers for Eon bills.

Lastly, I found the response from Eon customer care to be more arrogant than understanding, saying they have more standard customers than online and cannot see the problem and despite my suggestion that we all need to save money in these times, they had no interest in helping people trapped on standard tariff to find access to online deals unless they could afford online access and a monthly direct debit.

Overall whilst the deal now stinks...the attitude from these large companies is too ensure profits without a thought for the needs of the end user....Eon has no reason to not offer better fuel rates to its customers not able to go online, especially with the elderly and young families facing even greater fuel poverty this year and no doubt the next.

Thanks for reading the rant!
  • keith99_2
    keith99_2 Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2011 at 1:53PM
    Hi unhappy_shopper

This is a brand new initiative which is only in its trial period.

It's different to anything else we've done before so it's a case of seeing how it goes.

Tesco do various other offers with various amounts of points involved. Some are three times as much, some less. It's very difficult to judge one against another as they all involve different things.

This is just a new offer to see if it's of any interest to our customers.

Sorry you're not keen unhappy_shopper but hope it may be of interest in the future.

Malc

Sorry Malc, have to disagree, it is not difficult to judge one clubcard deal against another. If there are things i want to use them on that allows me to get x3, compared to x1.5, its simple for me what to go for.

I am on an online tarriff with Clubcard points that expires later in the year. The discount on those available now is much lower in comparrison and only one has clubcard points. When my tarriff ends i will be comparing providers so with lower discounts online and no Tesco points, i could well end up switching. Sorry, but being able to use points vouchers will not be enough to keep me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure