PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I read about these last year and love the idea of making one for much much cheaper! Pick their favourite sweets/dvd/cinema tickets/whatever! Booze minis etc. Could be as cheap or expensive as you like. In a nice gift box with pound shop tissue from the craft section. Some glittery confetti (of which EVERYONE needs to have) it would just be so lovely :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick
    Options
    Hawkins bizarre is good for cheap jokey gifts . Not exactly OS but cheap! Could get some ideas there maybe

this is silly but i'm sure there are better sites out there

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, I'm making notes!
    By the way if you have to think of a stocking filler for a student, this was a HUGE success last year
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00920TWCG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She says it's the best bottle opener she's ever used and actually used it when she was working at Reading Festival last year. Having it as a key ring means she always has it handy
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • zippychick
    Options
    for 92p you can't go wrong!!!

in the same vein, keyring torch - amazing!

I've just made this from bits in the house. All i needed to buy was a spray bottle. I would love someone made me something like that with a homemade label lol. Spray bottle can be as cheap or dear, big or small as you want

Ohhh salt scrubs!

• maryb
    Options
    I wish I could persuade her to go for waves but she prefers to straighten her hair. Shame
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • zippychick
    Options
    Still could be a good pressie idea for someone else!

I'm too lazy for hairstyling:rotfl:

• maryb
    Options
    Indeed and come Christmas I can think of someone just right for that, so thanks
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maryb- every year for birthday and xmas my mam makes me a box of bits - toiletries/underwear/makeup any little bits she gets and I end up with a huge bag or box full of everything from cotton wool & shampoo to pjs and key rings - it's my favourite present every year!
    Living the simple life
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the Christmas thread, it's never too early to plan Christmas.
    Dh has borrowed a saxophone after hankering to learn it for years so I think we are all going to club together and by him his ow. I might get the neighbour's earplugs to go in their Christmas card.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I love Christmas!

I have 2 young children and I love making it magical for them - really wanted to get in the spirit and make home made presents but I'm not very skilled like that - might just make fudge with the kids instead!

I have all my wrapping paper from last year and we don't do xmas cards anymore just make a donation in our family name to charity with is very nice and saves all the writing them out too.

we have a lot of kids to buy for in our family so I stick to pjs and a selection box each - keeps it simple and is easier to shop for pjs as there is always loads to choose from.

We don't do xmas day lunch as we have that at my mams and Boxing Day with my mother in law ( we all bring buffet items so we have a spread ) we try and have the next week clear to stay home with the kids and enjoy playing with all the new toys.

Think DD wants an iPod and Lego this year and no idea what I can get DS as he is nearly 3 will look out for stuff for him after his birthday next month.

Does anyone still do stockings for the kids? We do and they love it but loads of people don't seem to bother now.
    Living the simple life
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport