Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Charities Board Welcome and The Rules

Comments

• hello, i was wandering if i could get some advice before posting anything (i dont want to get into trouble!) OH and I have decided to do a skydive for charity for his 30th birthday & wedding anniversary (we got married on his birthday) we will be doing it for SANDS (stillbirth and neonatal death society) Charity registration number 299679
    i will also be setting up a justgiving page once we have confirmation of the date, we are aiming to do it on his birthday, once it is all set up, can i put the link in my signature and can the info only be posted on this charity board? i use lots of the boards so dont want to ''spam''
    Can you see the mountains through the fog?
  • kabie
    kabie Posts: 537 Forumite
    I'd like to put a link to our group on the "Kerrygold community awards" website, so that people can vote for us.
    We're not a registered charity though, just a group of autistic people that have set up a group, I suppose you'd call us a community group (non profit and all volunteers).
    Is this allowed somewhere on MSE : I read the rules and I don't think it's allowed in this section?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi kabbie, I'm afraid it's not allowed in this section where such things are limited to registered charities.

However, you probably could post it here.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, can you help me too please?

I volunteer for a PSA of a school. We are a registered charity (1085261). We have 68 pupils in total, 56 mainstream and 12 ASD pupils. Our ASD centre is the only one in this area.

We struggle each year to bring in donations for fundraising due to being such a small school of under 70 pupils. Can I post anywhere a request for donations? I don't want to get in trouble :)
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,988 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Very interested in this board and can I make a point to the moderators. We are setting up an organisation to try to keep open the day care centres for adults with learning difficulties, Lincolnshire CC is closing about 30 next year. If we set up a charity there will be huge, many thousands of £ set up and auditing costs so we are considering a Social Enterprise instead, can these, which have to be not for profit, be included?
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In the true spirit of Christmas, have a look at World Vision's Advent Calendar which brings you daily photos and stories on the theme of “Mother & Child” and prayer requests. Why not share it with your friends and family: www.worldvision.org.uk/advent
    World Vision UK is a registered charity no: 285908
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • BFT consult helps charities with their tender & bid writing! Check them out... they might be perfect for your charity! 
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Recruiting volunteers.
    Virtually every voluntary organisation I'm currently connected with is finding it almost impossible to recruit new volunteers, either from a retired workforce who ought to have more time, or younger volunteers.
    Any tips for recruiting them from possibly untapped sources ?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Depending on what these organisations do ... we have had success with students, and historically with local churches.

The students is the more recent thing: we've attended volunteering events on campus, spoken to some of their societies etc. Downside is they're not usually available all year round - exams, holidays etc. 

Churches, because we're an organisation with a Christian ethos and many of our first supporters came from local churches, we've built up that historic relationship. We also do talks about what we do, and quite a few of them are to church groups. 
  • Savvy_Sue
    Had another thought, which is where do you advertise? We have a local volunteer organisation where we always advertise volunteer vacancies, no charge, and they send out a weekly email which alerts people to paid and unpaid vacancies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport