car valeting.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Trev4abev
    Options
    There's a voucher going on gumtree for a service AND valet.
    Go to gumtree, search "voucher" and you'll see it going for
    £20 or £30, can't recall but worth £100.

So maybe you might want to think about incorporating some
    Sort of mechanical service, or even checks, as well to just give you
    that edge in the market. Just a thought.
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2015 at 9:04PM
    Options
    deleted thread now
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • Brassedoff
    Brassedoff Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Where are you based, you can do mine?
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i'm based in Essex.
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • laimusis
    Options
    Hello all guys and girls. I am just about to start my own valenting bussines. Have all plan at my head. materials too. i was thinking to rent garage and do in this way but rent prices is dear, so i ve decided to go on mobile car wasing and valenting got some experience on this job. and i know how make a best advertise on facebook to local pps. but 1 thing doesn't work well. i noticed i am not allowed to wash cars at my costumers home. as chemicals cant go to drainage by the 2010 new law. so how the hell services does it? how they washing cars at private parkings and costumers off roads parkings. any1 please give any advice on that. so huge thanks in advice
  • sparkermarketing
    Options
    One of my clients does high end top car detailing, he can charge £500-£700+ for a high quality detail of a car such as a Ferrari, depending on the quality of the existing paintwork etc....

This can take him 3 or 4 days to fully detail it, apply all the correct polish and wax, do any paint correction and enhancement required and finish it to showroom standard. The distinction between what he does, and "valeting" or a car wash is a world apart. He has his own studio and equipment too.

People who have spent £50k - £100k on a premium car will pay premium prices to have it looking spotless.

I suspect in the £50 range you will fall between 2 very different markets...most people are happy with the quick and cheap roadside job and a few people will pay big bucks for a proper job from someone who knows exactly what he is doing.

For £50 to £100 what are you going to do differently to the people operating at either end of the scale, if you assume that that bottom end of the market is very price sensitive, and the top end of the market is not price sensitive at all?
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    For £50 to £100 what are you going to do differently to the people operating at either end of the scale, if you assume that that bottom end of the market is very price sensitive, and the top end of the market is not price sensitive at all?

Not really.

I've had mine done every 2-3 weeks (2-3000 miles) in the council car park. Costs about £20 for inside and out, but I hate cleaning cars and need it clean for work.

It's going back to the dealership on Tuesday for my new one and just had its first 'expensive' clean before the valuation, which usually works wonders.
    💙💛 💔
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Theres a VERY bouyant market at this price point.

Your £10 - £15 "valet" at an eastern european drive through car wash will be a wash, dry, slick tyres, clean glass outside, clean glass inside (maybe), door steps, and hoover out.

Above that at your £50ish price point theres a full body polish, glass polish, dash shined, plastic trim restorer, door cards cleaned, seat shampoo and carpet shampoo at a very minimum.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

most people are happy with the quick and cheap roadside job and a few people will pay big bucks for a proper job from someone who knows exactly what he is doing.

I'm actually stunned you think that theres just those who are happy with a "roadside wash" and millionaires who spend £££'s on detailing a car. :eek:
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use a local guy for my wifes car, well I started using him when he was a teenager, he has the greatest qualification a detailer can have: OCD. He does a amazing job, and has proved worthwhile when selling on.

My current car is a company one, so the local sponge monkeys can put the swirl marks on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure