Unknown Mortgage Provider

Hi all
Does anyone know how I can find out my mortgage provider for two mortgages I had back in the 1990's, and early 2000?:rotfl: I have looked at my credit report and it doesn't show anything only my current mortgage with my husband. I am no longer in contact with the person I had the mortgage with so not able to contact them either. I have the addresses just no longer hold any paperwork for them

Hoping someone has some ideas on how to go about this - thanks in advance

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    You could submit a subject access request to every single lender at £10 a time.

Why do you need to know?
  • I think that would be costly as I have no idea who they were with as I have completely forgotten. I have been advised that I make a claim against them, but need to know who they are first to see if I can make a claim :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Who has advised you can make a claim? That would seem a little dubious - especially if you don't know which lender it is.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,911
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have been advised that I make a claim against them, but need to know who they are first to see if I can make a claim

What sort of claim?

What are your reasons for this "claim"
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I thought you could claim your PPI back from them etc
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    MrsHickman wrote: »
    I thought you could claim your PPI back from them etc
    You can't "claim" ppi back, but you can make a complaint if you believe the ppi was in some way mis-sold to you. Do you have valid reasons for complaint?
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    I thought you could claim your PPI back from them etc

Did you have PPI?
    Did they sell the PPI to you? (if you used a mortgage broker/adviser then they didnt)
    What are your reasons for missale?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ok thanks all maybe I have mis understood somewhere along the lines thanks again
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    ok thanks all maybe I have mis understood somewhere along the lines thanks again
    Who exactly is "advising" you? If it is a Claims Management Company, then any "advice" they are offering is simply to entice you to sign up to a contract.

Ignore them, but if you find you have been mis-sold PPI, you should simply send a valid complaint to whoever sold it to you.
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    ok thanks all maybe I have mis understood somewhere along the lines thanks again

PPI stands for Payment Protection insurance. It is a product type in itself. Hence why products like life assurance are not PPI.

Also, the PPi issue tends to be one with the banks and major lenders. Not intermediaries/advisers. For example, there were over 320,000 complaints at the FOS last year. Just 1602 of them were about advisers. Only 188 PPi complaints were referred to the FOS about adviser sales and just 25% upheld. Whereas banks had 122,927 PPi complaints and 53% were upheld.

MPPI, the mortgage type, is still retailed today. it has fewer issues than loan and credit card PPi which are no longer retailed. This is in part why advisers/brokers do not have the problems with PPI that the banks have. However, in your case, you didnt even have MPPI.

Hopefully, that helps you with your misunderstanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure