HELP! Mis sold account fees

Hi I think we were mis sold an account fee at lloyds back in 2012. Me and my husband got married in 2012 and had cheques given to us as mr and mrs as we did not have a joint account lloyds told us we would need to make an appointment to open a joint account to bank the cheques. At the appointment we were only offered two types of accounts a platinum and a gold we were pushed in to the platinum. We have had the platinum since august 2012 paying £17 a month! We have used the breakdown cover once and the phone insurance once but didn't realise the excess would be so high. Anyway I'm just wondering if we are entitled to a refund as we didn't realise we could have a normal joint account without paying a fee. Any help would be much appreciated thank you

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We have used the breakdown cover once and the phone insurance once but didn't realise the excess would be so high.

Whilst this does not prevent a complaint, it does stop you using some of the complaint reasons. i.e. you cant say the benefits were unsuitable as you have used two of them or that you didnt know what it covered as clearly, by claiming, you did.

Also, if they decide to uphold your complaint, they can deduct the cost of the claims from any redress. That could well exceed the amount you have paid.
    . Anyway I'm just wondering if we are entitled to a refund as we didn't realise we could have a normal joint account without paying a fee.

Nothing you have said suggests any wrongdoing. This doesnt mean there isnt any but given your use of the account on two occasions, even if successful, the chance of any money is restricted.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure