Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Former_MSE_Leigh
Former_MSE_Leigh Posts: 6 Forumite
This discussion relates to the new...

Reclaim Experian CreditExpert guide

Please click reply to discuss, comment and report any successes and failures.

Comments

• GarethR
    GarethR Posts: 242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just had a quick look back & seems I've been paying £14.99 a month for over 3 years now. Will be making a call tomorrow!!

Will keep you posted how I get on.
    Official DFW Member 587 :T
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,553
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Don't pay them anything, the "service" they offer is meaningless, as is your credit score - they don't lend you money so what they score you is irrelevant, plus lenders see stuff like your salary which the credit agencies don't.

If you need to check just get the £2 report
  • I've just come off the phone from Experian having read the latest money tips and realising that I've been paying £14.99 a month for 2 years with NO idea that there was an insurance product in that package. I pay £7.99 a month to AMEX for ID fraud protection insurance, so I wouldn't knowingly have been paying twice.

I got the standard response from Experian as it seems they've been taking increasing numbers of calls about this (shock horror!). They now have a dedicated complaints team to deal with this. I was asked if I wanted to raise a "query" or a "complaint", I chose complaint. Guy I spoke to couldn't discuss it further (apart from confirm that there is now no insurance element to my subscription) and someone will write to me within 5 working days, or give me a call to discuss.

Will report back when I hear something!
  • Do I need to be an existing Experian subscriber? I want to cease my subscription but will this mean I can't claim back these payments?
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,859
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    this is really funny, I contacted mse via twitter months ago and got told togo away about this very issue.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • I was with credit expert and looking back on online statements have been since 2011. I was never told it covered insurance and only cancelled recently too. Will be making my phonecall too😕:(:(
  • Nasqueron
    Forumite
    Do remember this is not a scheme like PPI where miss-sale has been court tested, it is a new MSE campaign - if you wish to cancel Experian fees you should do so (as it's a waste of money even ignoring the insurance) but read the MSE article if you want to try and get old fees back
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,859
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    not new its been battered about for a while, mse just decided to take it on
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Nasqueron
    Forumite
    chanz4 - what I mean is, there is no proven case like the PPI scheme - just ad hoc complaints from people who may get the £5 insurance fee refunded if you ask nicely
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback