Saved from Redundancy but working hours cut.

Hi

I hope someone can help?

My company recently made redundancies but I was not one of them. We did however, to save some, all volunteer to work 4 day weeks from January.

We have a 3 months notice period and I am now trying to find another job but this is putting people off. What are the chances of them holding me to this if I do get a job and want to leave in a month?

Someone help, I don't want to be in breach of contract but this stupid notice period is crazy.

Thanks.

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Nobody but the employer can answer that. Some take a hard line, others don't. I'd think that they might be happy to save the money for your wages, but that's a guess...
  • Mgman1965
    Mgman1965 Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    where I work, managers and senior staff have to give 6 months notice to leave !!!!!
  • Nickilin66 wrote: »
    Hi

I hope someone can help?

My company recently made redundancies but I was not one of them. We did however, to save some, all volunteer to work 4 day weeks from January.

We have a 3 months notice period and I am now trying to find another job but this is putting people off. What are the chances of them holding me to this if I do get a job and want to leave in a month?

Someone help, I don't want to be in breach of contract but this stupid notice period is crazy.

Thanks.
    Why didn't you negotiate a lower notice period as part of the agreement to cut hours?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure