PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Can I terminate my tenant's tenancy early for having an unauthorised pet?

Comments

• Riggyman
    Riggyman Posts: 185 Forumite
    I'm now relegating this thread to 4.5/10. No bags for life, no second hand chocolate oranges and no vampires.

V. Poor, must try harder.
  • leslieknope
    leslieknope Posts: 334 Forumite
    not even an emotionally difficult turkey
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • This almost made me panic for a moment but I think you are being facetious. They look very well dressed, at least in the photographs taken by the neighbour, and the woman sounded reasonably well educated on the phone. I cannot imagine her growing a cannabis. I should have thought my neighbour would inform me if anything like that was happening there, although I doubt that she would know anything about drugs. He could just be very well paid or there could be wealthy family involved. I am not going to add THAT to the list of concerns

However it does continue to upset me that they are fibbers, with dog, and the female does actually not seem to be working as was stated.

I don't think that the previous poster was being facetious.

In fact I think he/she was telling you one of the common pitfalls in renting out a property.

You seem to be very naïve about how being a landlord works.
  • Then I will just have to make sure that they do not find out about any of this, and be none the wiser when they eventually leave. Maybe I will also have to hope that their hound does damage something, preferably expensive and ugly so that I can take it from what they are owed!!

Are you going to take their internet away then.

Anybody can find out in seconds that if your deposit isn't protected you have legal recourse against your landlord.
  • I can't believe that I got taken in by this heap of nonsense troll thread.
  • The actual quote was, "I KNOW that they have a dog because the woman has admitted it to me, she just claims that it isn't legally their dog (I will add a comma here to make it clearer), and that it is not there when I have directly conflicting evidence that it is."

I.e. perhaps obviously, I know that it is there, because of the unasked-for but constant stream of alerts and photos from my neighbour showing otherwise. Couldn't care less if it is 'owned' by her or someone else or if it has come from the woods of its own accord to huff and puff and blow my house down, if it is there inside the property

I don't know whether or not there's a dog there; that's not my point.
    You seem to be saying that they have told you there is a dog that exists somewhere (dogs do exist; this is widely accepted by scientists) but they don't own it and it isn't in your house. So what, exactly, has she admitted to you? That her cousin has a dog? What?
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Leave him............he don't want the smelly, flea bag mut of a poo factory in hes house.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    Leave him............he don't want the smelly, flea bag mut of a poo factory in hes house.
    it's not his house at the moment....
  • scd3scd4
    edited 14 July 2017 at 2:32PM
    :grin:
    Guest101 wrote: »
    it's not his house at the moment....

The dog doesn't know that?
  • scd3scd4
    Penitent wrote: »
    Then he shouldn't have let out his flat.

He never let it out to the dog did he? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport