PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long does the waiting game last?

Options
How long after a closed bid closing date do the potential buyers normally hear whether they have been successful or not? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It varies. Sometimes same day, sometimes a few days. Depends how many decision makers there are.

If the closing day was today there is a chance everyone is keen to get matters decided before the weekend, but no guarantee.
  • crae1710
    crae1710 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you it was only half an hour ago but obviously I'm a bag of nerves lol. Just want it done one way or another
  • DumbMuscle
    DumbMuscle Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    crae1710 wrote: »
    Thank you it was only half an hour ago but obviously I'm a bag of nerves lol. Just want it done one way or another

Having the closing day on a Friday could mean that they want to get it out of the way before the weekend (i.e. you'll hear today)

Or it could mean that they want to have the weekend to consider (i.e. you'll hear on Monday)

Or it could just be a date picked out of a hat that was convenient for other reasons (i.e. you'll hear eventually)
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    crae1710 wrote: »

Half an hour?!? Are you for real...? You seriously need to chill out if that's turned you into a bag of nerves, otherwise you'll have a nervous breakdown before you ever get the keys to the place...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure