How can I claim PPI from Northern Rock

2»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We had a mortgage with Northern Rock in 2004 and still have the secured loan part which we are still paying off. I know there was some questions around these mortgages and whether the contract was correct etc.

My question really is how do I know if we were sold PPI/MPPI by the advisor at the estate agents when we arranged the mortgage?

Many thanks.

2004 is pre-regulation.

NR wouldnt have sold you anything as you used a broker. The agent wasnt regulated until Jan 2005.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Tcwrx wrote: »
    Please help I have £1700 in a northern rock account , I got the book . I last visited them in 2009 but forgot all about account till came across my savings book. Where will I be able to apply to get my money ?????? I live in the north east (Consett) Thanks 😰😓

Virgin bought a truncated version of Northern Rock plc in 2012. In fact, Northern Rock plc simply changed its name to Virgin Money plc. I think they took all the deposits with them, so I'd try Virgin.

https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/savings/helpful-information/lost-accounts/
  • Shelly_C
    Shelly_C Posts: 14
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Contact Virgin Money at the old Northern Rock Head Office address or pop into a Virgin Money branch where I'm sure they will be able to help you - the money is still yours and still there only with a different institution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure