Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Comments

• talkalot wrote: »
    Have just spoken to the UK based sales team. They were most helpful. If you have any data bundle as part of you price plan then you will be cut down to 500 MB download and unlimited browsing. If you pay extra for W&W+ then you will keep your download limit.

I pay extra for Web'N'Walk Plus or something like that:

Screenshot of my my-tmobile thingy (well, the important part of it):

Damn, can't add picture :( I'll see what I can do...

It's "Internet Plus" at £4.25 per month +VAT
  • pinkllama
    pinkllama Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    T-Mobiles argument is that they can change the FUP as the internet is an additional service. I took out a contract with an android phone where 3gb of data was included in the price plan. i could then choose an additional add-on.

I have looked through their T&C's and cannot find anything that states that my data is not part of my contract.

I think this is the chink in T-Mobile's armour!
    To cancel your contract without fulfilling the rest of your contract the first step is to contact them within 14 days of receiving the text message informing you of the change in T&C's. You can do this via their help and support page, go to the bottom of the page and click on contact us. it will first ask you to type a question, just put in anything and it will then ask if you'd like to send an email.
  • ukspid
    ukspid Posts: 19 Forumite
    mmpombears wrote: »

Surely I can't be the only tmobile user to have received the text?

Nope. I was pinged today. I thought there would be the courtesy of a letter. Sending a text doesn't guarantee it's received or read.
  • ukspid
    ukspid Posts: 19 Forumite
    mmpombears wrote: »
    ...... so I would be surprised if I used less than 500MB/mo. I'm fairly sure I've hit the 3GB cap a few times too.

... which is another part of the problem. I can't find out how to determine how much data I have been using. Anybody know how to do it?
  • pinkllama
    ukspid wrote: »
    ... which is another part of the problem. I can't find out how to determine how much data I have been using. Anybody know how to do it?

if you have an android phone you can download 3g watchdog from the market.
  • daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    ukspid wrote: »

You have to look at your usage and download it to a csv file and use =sum(cell:cell)/1024 to see what you have used per month so far
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    How many T-Mobile customers have received this text I wonder ? I have a few lines with them and have not had one text. So can they enforce it on me with out been notified ? Or are they only texting the HEAVY downloaders ?
  • daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    talkalot wrote: »
    How many T-Mobile customers have received this text I wonder ? I have a few lines with them and have not had one text. So can they enforce it on me with out been notified ? Or are they only texting the HEAVY downloaders ?

I have yet to get a text as well and i always go above their new 500mb limit.

They state on twitter they can do this on non core services as long as reasonable notice is given but as it is less than 30 days notice and a few of us have not being notified is a breach of their own T&C's?
  • Im very interested in this as I am 13 months into a 24 month contract. It was 300 mins, 300 sms, unlimited internet, plus one additional service for £15 per month. I added unlimited sms. Pretty sure my unlimited internet was 3 GB FUP. It was on a HTC Touch 2.
    So they cant even argue that the internet is an additional service, as the additional is the unlimited internet.

While I dont use Youtube that much I do use the internet a lot on my phone for various things. Dont think I have come close to the current FUB but wouldnt be too confident about the new FUP. Works out at less that 20meg per day.
  • pinkllama
    daleski75 wrote: »
    I have yet to get a text as well and i always go above their new 500mb limit.

They state on twitter they can do this on non core services as long as reasonable notice is given but as it is less than 30 days notice and a few of us have not being notified is a breach of their own T&C's?

check out my post up the page.

they are trying to say that the internet is an additional service so they can change it without customers being able to cancel contracts.

i strongly believe that anyone who have bought an android phone from them can cancel as the internet is part of the price plan for a monthly contract with and android phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure