HSBC Opening over Xmas

Will HSBC reopen on Thurs (27th)? I need to bank some money.

Comments

• kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    a mate of mine works at HSBC, i think she said she's going back to work on 27th. I'll poke her anyways, later, and check, she's out at the moment.

keth
    xx
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    I think they're open Thursday same as post offices and a lot of shops. Its just Christmas day and Boxing Day they get off.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • Remember when Christmas went on for like a week and everywhere was closed? Just 2 days now, I miss those old days :(
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
  • kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    just checked with said friend: she confirmed (rather sadly) that yes, HSBC is open.... :D I think between you n me she'd rather stay home.. *chortles*

keth
    xx
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't they have one of the paying-in machines (bit like a night-safe, but usually in the foyer) - stick your dosh and payin-in slip in an envelope and drop in?
  • not all foyers are available 24/7 - many are in banking hrs only.

ManAtHome wrote: »
    Don't they have one of the paying-in machines (bit like a night-safe, but usually in the foyer) - stick your dosh and payin-in slip in an envelope and drop in?
  • Remember when Christmas went on for like a week and everywhere was closed? Just 2 days now, I miss those old days :(
    I worked for a bank 30 years ago, we always worked on the 27th only ever had the official bank holidays off. However between Christmas and New Year was always quiet and relaxed- the calm before the storm when the January sales started !!!!!
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Surprised at that - I live in a smallish town and can get in by swiping the debit card outside normal shop opening hours. They shutter the counters, but I still have access to the inside cashpoint, pay-in, and statement machines.
  • It depends on the design of the branch, whether it has the machines in a 'seperate room' which can be closed off from the rest of the branch.
  • Adzha
    Adzha Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    My local branch was shut.
    My now nearest only opens 9.30-16.30 Mon-Fri.
    I read they ghot rid of the card access in some branches due to cards being cloned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure