Uswitch Gas & Elec wine switching offer: Are you having problems?

Comments

• uSwitch_company_representative
    uSwitch_company_representative Posts: 140 Organisation Representative
    Well i just switched via the mse uswitch link wine offer and on the page it stated it was for the free case of wine and in the header at uswitch it stated free-wine-offer/ at the end of the address so fingers crossed its all will have worked ok :0)

I switched to edf on the dual fuel being careful to untick the boxes so i don't have my info shared with other companies :0) so not expecting any nuisance calls.

I did notice at the bottom of the terms and conditions it states that the wine offer is only valid if its still available.......... errrr can someone confirm from uswitch is it still available? so i know whether to cancel.
    I chose the wine offer as to be honest although quidco and topcashback offer cashback if you read the reviews noone ever seems to actually get the money. I'd rather the switch went through as i have been wasteing money on my old supplier for years but i'd rather know if the wine offer has run out so i have a choice re canceling?

The only thing that slightly tripped me up is it asked if i wanted paper billing or email...i'd rather have paper but didn't know if this was extra so chose email instead.

Fingers crossed it all goes swimmingly do we know how long it takes till i should recieve the voucher via email?
    Hi,

The offer is still available yes :)

The voucher can take up to 12 weeks to get to you - this is because we have to wait for your switch to go through and untilk we get confirmation from your new energy supplier.

Hope this helps - give me a shout if you have any other questions.

Lauren
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of uSwitch. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fairywishes
    fairywishes Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Lauren from Uswitch :0) I shall hold tight then and thanks so much for letting me know the offer is still valid and you've not run out :0) big hugs
  • Hi,

If you still haven't heard back form anyone, firstly, I'm sorry about that, secondly, please drop me an emai lat editor @ uswitch.com and i will look into it for you.

Lauren

I received my case of wine yesterday!
    Brilliant
    I am one very happy customer
    THANKS!:j
  • First time I have posted so I hope I have got this in the right place. I helped my daughter switch her Gas and Electricity provider and I am disgusted by the 'free wine' offer. Hardly 'free' a £60 wine voucher but the case on offer cost £59 more than that.

She is disappointed as I am - she is a hard working single Mum and thought this would be a nice treat.

So watch out everyone it isn't free not if you have to pay £59 towards it.
  • lilbert
    lilbert Posts: 641 Forumite
    I switched to EDF from Eon over 4 months ago via Uswitch and received an email confirming i was entitled to the free crate of wine but that it would take up to 4 months to receive the voucher. It has been over 4 months now and still not voucher. I have tried emailing with no reply. Are there any representatives out there who can help me out please??
    Hi Lilbert,

Drop me a line at the address in my profile and I will look into this for you.

Lauren
    I am the official company representative of uSwitch. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • kev_gray
    kev_gray Posts: 27 Forumite
    Hey all,
    Switched over using the link at the start of April. I got the confirmation email saying it would be up to four months before a voucher would be sent to me but still nothing. I emailed winequeries@uswitch.com at the start of the month but not heard anything back from them at all. Can anyone help or have I just missed out on the wine somehow?
    Hi kev_gray,

Drop me a line at the address in my profile and I'll look into this for you. If you haven't done it already, check your spam - sometimes they end up in there :)

Lauren
  • Perfo
    Perfo Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I lost my first post....So I'll have to type again but sorry if it appears later and I've double posted.
    I've just swapped from British gas to Power and received the £60 wine voucher. This voucher is less than useless as it will actually cost you a fair bit to use it. You can only use the voucher with virgin wines and only use it on crates worth more than £120 OK not too bad but the wines in the allowed selections are vastly over priced. The cheapest wines on the site are quite expensive but I tried to get a crate of them just to use the voucher and was told at the check out ..nope it has to be one of these vastly overpriced ones. It would be cheaper to put fuel in the car (if you can still afford to do that) and drive to Tesco than use these vouchers. Come on Uswitch I've used you many times please don't get dragged in to these con sites.
    Jan 2011 install 4 KWp PV panels plus Schuco sunny boy inverter. June 2018 installed Zappi2 car charger. Sept 2021 installed near 20Kwp TRINASOLAR panels three SunSynk inverters and 20KWh SunSynk batteries. 
    March 2022 installed two Grant Aerona3 Air source heat pumps. 
    Nov 2022 installed Ohme EV car charger (2nd charger)  running
    Perfo wrote: »
    I lost my first post....So I'll have to type again but sorry if it appears later and I've double posted.
    I've just swapped from British gas to Power and received the £60 wine voucher. This voucher is less than useless as it will actually cost you a fair bit to use it. You can only use the voucher with virgin wines and only use it on crates worth more than £120 OK not too bad but the wines in the allowed selections are vastly over priced. The cheapest wines on the site are quite expensive but I tried to get a crate of them just to use the voucher and was told at the check out ..nope it has to be one of these vastly overpriced ones. It would be cheaper to put fuel in the car (if you can still afford to do that) and drive to Tesco than use these vouchers. Come on Uswitch I've used you many times please don't get dragged in to these con sites.
    Hi Perfo,

The voucher you recieved is the one we send to all customers who switch their gas and electricity - it's a discount voucher, rather than the voucher for a FREE case of wine that people get when they switch via MSE.

When you switched, did you use the link on the MSE site? Also did you switch your gas and electricity to a duel fuel plan?

Thanks

Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure