The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Comments

• Evening :wave:

NSD 8 today and 6 in-a-row because I have postponed grocery shopping until tomorrow or may be Wednesday, will see how I feel. :D:D

Enjoy the rest of your night.

CW
    NSD Challenge 2015: Jan 20 / 20 (2 x 5 in-a-row) / Feb 5 / 12 (4 in-a-row) :D

Lesson learnt from 2012: I cannot be trusted to credit card stooze!

Barclaycard at 2 / 02 / 2015 [STRIKE]£4,600[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4540[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4250[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4000[/STRIKE] £3250 need to pay it off by 08 / 2015 before mortgage completion
  • bt1
    bt1 Posts: 443
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Claiming #5 today :) I think 20 may of been a bit steep but ill keep going :)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    NSD 7 for me today :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,615
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    yesterday should have been an NSD, but OH and I ended up going to Cost0 :o

Monday is an allocated grocery spend day, for the veg I need to batch cook for work dinners and the fruit I need for work snacks. Decided I could muddle through with what I had in (didn't need Cost0 quantities, so couldn't pick anything up yesterday), so I checked my bank account first thing (no D/Debits) and then made myself stay out of the shops :)

Now on NSD #5 :T
    Cheryl
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NSD 3 for me today
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • NSD. 7/20today

have spent the last few hours baking so we have plenty of snacks for the week and freezer
    You can if you think you can .
  • I hope that you’ve all had a good Monday!

Here’s today update :

Beanie well done on getting # 9!:j:jYou're welcome.

Bt1 you’re doing great,that’s # 5!Keep chipping away-every nsd is a good thing,even if you don't quite make your target!:j:j

Candlewick brilliant,you’ve caught # 8 and 6 in a row!:j:j

couldsavemore well done on nabbing #7!:j:jJust the weather for baking.:)

cw18 that's great,you've got #5!Well done on resisting spending today!:j:j

fedupandskint great stuff,you've reached #3!:j:j

HeadAboveWater well done,you’ve nabbed #4!Keep up the good work!:j:j

Jonesy88 welldone,you’ve got # 8!yippee to the fleabay sales-remember,every mickle makes a muckle.:j:j

Lottie3000 you’re halfway there,great stuff ,that’s #5 in the bag!:j:j

Loubell83 well done on getting #4 and #5!:j:j

Lurvlyloz that’s great,you’ve nabbed #4 and #5!And well done on keeping to budgeted spends.:j:j

Motoko you’re doing great,that’s # 3nabbed!:j:j

MummyRivett you’re bombing ahead-well done on reaching #9!I hope that you’re feeling better.:j:j

Sazzie23 you’re doing brilliantly,# 7in the bag!Almost halfway there!:j:j

Scuff well done,you’ve nabbed #3!Remember,every nsd is a bonus,so don’t worry if youdon’t quite reach your target.:j:j

Slowlyfading that’s great,you’ve got to # 7!:j:j

Tiggy10 you’re doing great,well done on reaching #3!:j:j

I got #7 today and my 4 in a row!:j:j

Ps I used Word -it does make it easier I must say.Sorry but I've only included those who have posted an nsd.:o

Have a good week everyone!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    So my weekend's total spends: $11 for coffee with a friend (I bought her and her daughter's drinks, she'll buy next time). His weekend's total spends: about $200. ARGH.

Okay, I feel better, thank you for that!

Ekk to the spends, but if it makes you feel any better, as a little girl I was always with my dad with whatever he was doing in the garden / garage / trip to the DIY shop (him saying to a 6 / 7 yr old 'now just make sure you stand on the joists and don't put your foot through the ceiling' as we layed loft boards :rotfl:) - I am now the one in our house who grouts the tiles, mows the lawn and wields the electric drill :D
    Did anyone get to put anything on ebay this weekend? Unfortunately I had a migraine yesterday afternoon and was very ill. I'll have to wait till the next free weekend.

Sorry to heat you were ill MummyR, hope you're feeling better now x

Well I F-F-F-F---ell off the NSD wagon today in spectacular fashion - went on the dreaded evil Achica site and ended up ordering TWO sets of bed linen :eek: Think I might have to return all the towels I ordered on Sun (ordered a few colours but planned to return all but two anyway) to compensate. Naughty naughty me :o:o:o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    #5 TODAY:j:j:j

Tomorrow I've got to bank a cheque hubby was given for his birthday so I think I will pop into Waitrose and enjoy a FREE cup of tea, dont you just love freebies ;)
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • #3 / 10 today.

It's amazing how focussing on not spending any money works! I bought a TV over the weekend (one of my very spendy days but with money already saved up, £10 discount, Top Cashback cashback and 5% cashback CC). Picked it up from Mr T Direct tonight and managed to wait while they went to get it for me rather than go do some shopping
    . And I've spotted the TV stand that I want £20 cheaper than the one I nearly bought at the weekend.....decided to wait until tomorrow to order it though so I could bank my NSD and very first 2 in a row :j

Only another 7 to go....

SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family