50 grand I have to Invest

I'm working in pvt firm and I would like to invest my money. I thought perhaps a savings account like ing direct with good interest rates. But perhaps you guys can help me on making my money sit on a profitable investment. Maybe 50 grand. I have found many investment research firm but I think its vlittle bit risky to invest their, any ideas what I could do with that amount?
Thanks.

Comments

• JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    rhys1308 has all the tips and knowledge, apparently.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My own suspicion is that the OP will be along very shortly with a "see what I found post..!", but maybe I'm just being a bit cynical today...
  • How about investing it on Liverpool winning the premier league? a £50000 'investment' with paddy power at 1/6 returns £58333.33, obviously there is some risk attached:)
  • Rhymsta
    Rhymsta Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm going to put all my spare cash into haricot beans and gold paint...
  • Bunker
    Bunker Posts: 28 Forumite
    I know of a very nice Nigerian gentleman who keeps emailing me as he is having trouble getting some money out of the country. Maybe you could 'invest' it there?
  • How about investing it on Liverpool winning the premier league? a £50000 'investment' with paddy power at 1/6 returns £58333.33, obviously there is some risk attached:)
    The OP just says "50 grand", not GBP50000 :)
    As the location is given as "Mumbai", I'm guessing it's actually INR50000 (less than £500 at today's rate) :D
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Posts: 844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rhymsta wrote: »
    I'm going to put all my spare cash into haricot beans and gold paint...

Bean beans?! What are bean beans!?!
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • tejero23f
    tejero23f Posts: 43 Forumite
    I was so convinced that Chelsea would beat Sunderland (and so did everyone else) last week that I lost £100 on it.....I think myself lucky as I was going to put £1000 on it so convinced was i..only a twitchy mouse finger stopped me...wow.

This week? Chelsea at 4/1
    Norwich to win 8/1
    Crystal Palace 6/1

£2 placed will return just over £1050

(On a patent bet £14)
    The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure