Aqua Free Credit Checker

2»

Comments

• Hi Guys, I started as a basic Noddle user took about a month to join and then a couple months to get your realistic score. Since then i paid the £30 yearly fee to upgrade my noddle account as i only had a score of 2/5 it was well worth it. I think the most important factor is that it has the "credit card" bit that shows you based on your current rating what your chances are out of 10 of getting certain credit building credit cards. I waited until my chances were 8/10 then applied for aqua credit builder card and now i am at 3/5 credit score and rising. That then put me onto the Aqua credit checker upgrade which is fine except for one really annoying factor...
    Now i am not able to do any loans or credit cards on it anymore they have removed it which means i cannot look at what my chances are of getting a better credit card then Aqua's... bit cheeky i think. I looked into the FAQ and only way to leave it now is by cancelling my credit card which would obviously effect your credit for a few months till i could hopefully now get a better one... Any other questions?
  • my aqua credit checker kicked in the other day. It gives you alerts and score, it also shows positive and negative factors.

the only thing it doesn't cover is id protection.

its better than just the normal package, as it now shows the number upto 999 (as false as it maybe).
  • Hi

I have applied for aqua credit card last month and today I have received the aqua credit checker account access by noodle. Its not brilliant as its competitors but its free if u have a aqua credit card that’s awesome. I have only applied for aqua credit card just to build my credit score, so I have used the card and paid it off completely. So now I am getting this credit checker facility for absolutely free, so I can keep a track of my credit score and improve it better.
  • LplateSaver
    LplateSaver Posts: 351 Forumite
    Xanda1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I started as a basic Noddle user took about a month to join and then a couple months to get your realistic score. Since then i paid the £30 yearly fee to upgrade my noddle account as i only had a score of 2/5 it was well worth it. I think the most important factor is that it has the "credit card" bit that shows you based on your current rating what your chances are out of 10 of getting certain credit building credit cards. I waited until my chances were 8/10 then applied for aqua credit builder card and now i am at 3/5 credit score and rising. That then put me onto the Aqua credit checker upgrade which is fine except for one really annoying factor...
    Now i am not able to do any loans or credit cards on it anymore they have removed it which means i cannot look at what my chances are of getting a better credit card then Aqua's... bit cheeky i think. I looked into the FAQ and only way to leave it now is by cancelling my credit card which would obviously effect your credit for a few months till i could hopefully now get a better one... Any other questions?

Are you serious? You're considering cancelling your credit card and going back to paying £30 a year to Aqua because you no longer have access to an eligibility checker? An old saying comes to mind...

If you're recommended card is Aqua its going to be a long time (6+ months) before you will be eligible for any fancy card despite whatever those eligibility checkers say (and hey MSE has its own too). Keep using that card responsibly and you'll know yourself when you can try for a better card.
  • LplateSaver
    LplateSaver Posts: 351 Forumite
    For anyone who wants the extra bits but doesn't have Aqua, there's also a Halifax Noddle.
  • blessed31
    blessed31 Posts: 48 Forumite
    I have an Aqua card and was sent link from them to sign up to the Aqua credit checker powered by Noddle.

I already had a Noddle account before I applied for the card but I just logged in to my account with the same log in details through the link Aqua sent me. Once signed in noddle asks if you want to switch your account to the Aqua credit checker account powered by noddle, I switched and I had access to my actual credit score and web monitoring alert. It's quite good because at least you can see your credit score where as before I couldn't unless I was willing to pay the £30.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure