Any Dave Ramsey fans here?

Options
13»

Comments

• iclaudius_2
    Options
    but yes, we're on the Dave plan too. it's phenomenal. it's helped us go from total financial mayhem of 38k across 9 debts down to just 10k remaining in only 1 and we're on track to kill that off by March. It's taken 20 months to get this far and has been a massive slog because my wife works only part time and her salary goes straight to the childminders.

I do wish there was an equvalent in the UK! that martin's site is live and kicking is great but having gotten well into the Ramsey mindset I often disagree with much of Mr Lewis's advice.
    Starting Debts (Jan 2011) £38,497 [STRIKE]Credit card 1 £963; Credit card 2 £1,114; Credit card 3 £1,338; Credit card £4,029; Overdraft £1,500; University loan 1 £281; University loan 2 £6,991; University loan 3 £22,280 [/STRIKE]
    Debt today: £0 DFD 25/6/2013
    Think stoozing is clever? That mess above is proof it isn't!
  • MrGreen
    Options
    I was aware of Dave Ramsey while I was reading all about the best ways to pay off my debts, but it's only now that I've really got to understand what his plan is all about after reading this thread and listening to the podcasts through the TuneIn app.

I don't agree with all he says but for me more of it makes sense than not. I'm not a Christian but that doesn't matter, a lot of what he says is common sense.

I have realised that I've changed the way I think about debt and credit cards, I used to think that having credit cards and a good credit score was a good think and have come to realise that over the past 15/20 years (for me) debt has been pushed as a way of achieving what we want but after the banking crisis we've all been suffering from the debt hangover in some form or another.

We don't need a credit score if we're not planning to go into debt. Living within your means and saving is the alternative and you don't need a credit score for that!
    Nearly debt free
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    iclaudius wrote: »
    I do wish there was an equvalent in the UK! that martin's site is live and kicking is great but having gotten well into the Ramsey mindset I often disagree with much of Mr Lewis's advice.

And yet you are using Martin's site to complain about him, hmmm very strange.
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • SophiaTucker
    Options
    I am following dave ramsey's program and as a christian it is brilliant for me and my family. Would love to meet UK people following it.
  • Hmm_2
    Hmm_2 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    We're doing it too and it's been working well for us. It's really helped us to focus on the future we wnat and think about our need to be responsible with what we have. I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure