New TSB Website

I had reason to log into internet banking from a different PC today, and it turns out that TSB have a brand new website.

There is no link to the internet banking log in or, indeed, anything else remotely useful.

If someone has a direct link for logging in, I'd appreciate it.

A classic case of average style over substance, if ever there was one.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's the big pink 'your accounts' bit in the top right, which takes you to https://online.tsb.co.uk/personal/logon/login.jsp?WT.ac=hpIBlogon
  • My bad, I hadn't even seen that :o

Thanks for the heads up.

I stand by my assertion that it's not a very good website, mind you ;)
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 August 2014 at 11:58AM
    Saw the new web site yesterday, Think it's only a new front page, click the pink padlock and the old web site magically appears :):

Whilst on the new page, a pop-up asked if I wanted to share my location with TSB?"

:huh: What's this? Anyway it's a Firefox thing apparently, and web site dependent, so put my life on the line and clicked ok . . . a map appeared showing my nearest TSB branch (which was quite useful because I didn't know that branch existed, it's a lot closer than the one I nominated)

Apart from that, not sure what else it does . . .

"Location aware Browsing" https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/geolocation/
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    When TSB returned they initially used a re-skinned version of the old Lloyds TSB website. It's not surprising really that LBG didn't want to invest in a new website for a bank they would eventually be competing with.

Anyway, my view on the website is that it's far better than what it replaced and, contrary to the OP's opinion, has lots of useful info. I seem to remember reading that the online banking service won't be changing.
  • Hello, welcome to the new TSB website. We presume that everyone in the UK now uses a tablet and will break your eyes if you dare try to view it on anything as backwards as a PC.

It actually looks pretty good and flows logically on the iPad. On my 46 inch tv/computer screen it's a total mess though.
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Have they changed the site again since the OP started this thread?

I just visited http://www.tsb.co.uk from my PC using good old Internet Explorer

Top RHS in big red letters there is "Your accounts"

Hover the curser over that an it changes to Login/Register

Click on it and it gives you the familiar login screen
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Aquamania wrote: »
    Have they changed the site again since the OP started this thread?
    Nope, that's the site in question.

It appears to be designed for phones and tablets, so using a PC becomes a MASSIVE EXPERIENCE.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Whilst on the new page, a pop-up asked if I wanted to share my location with TSB?"

Lots of websites have this nowadays... fairly easy to block if you don't want it

More useful for mobile phone browsers where your GPS info from your phone will be sent to the website
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure