IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Martin Lewis on Good Morning 23/05

Options
I was alerted to a segment on the above programme by friends and subsequently saw a number of posts on Facebook referencing the article and agreeing that they should be ignored!!!

I took the time to delve into the unknown and watch said programme on catch up :mad::mad:

As a brief synopsis Mr Lewis explained the difference between Council/police parking fines and private PCN,s and rightly described them as mere invoices :T

Unfortunately he gave the impression that unless you are super militant to challenge an unfair ticket ( I wonder :rotfl:) that the best advice was to appeal on the grounds that you believed it was unfair and you would not be paying and or to ignore :eek:

This was not helped by the incompetent Mr Scolfield saying why would the courts get involved in a trifling matter !!

Mr Lewis did try to explain but in such a rushed segment the underlying impression and from various comments I have seen on social media sites a number of people have taken it as red that the best course of action is to ignore :mad:

There was no mention of sites such as this and no doubt the PPC's would have loved it.
I Am Charlie

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    149,000 shares on Facebook. That has played right into the PPC hands hasn't it?

https://www.facebook.com/tracey.storey.18/posts/10153543577249147

Give it 6 months, and there will be an influx of new posters with CCJ's - "but I saw it on Facebook, and Martin said so it must be true!"
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The Martin Lewis show, proudly sponsored by PE.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    A conspiracy theorist would suggest that this serves only to confirm that MSE forumites are simply "clickbait".

Lizards, Buck House? Never.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to make that assumption - the entire site has been click bait for years, all to feather his own nest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8580143.stm
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family