Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Even if the wording is ambiguous, Jet2 can't rely on full and final for all the claimants because there was no consideration.

Well that's a clue from a 'legal' magpie, I would understand that to mean that Jet2 can't just say we are paying you in full and final for the rest of your party (because they have not consulted the rest of your party) I still think there is much more for you all to claim.

Please don't settle for what they've paid..... they are clearly taking the pi$$
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JillyT wrote: »
    They replied saying I could only claim for myself and the others would have to claim individually. Well today, much to my absolute delight and amazement, I got a cheque for £344.65!!! Result!!!
    As others have observed, partial result! I would reply to Jet2 pronto thanking them for cheque and saying it is not final settlement as the other passengers have not been consulted. Then get each of them to e-mail you (paper would be fine) saying they wish to claim and authorising you to pursue this on their behalf. You then forward this to Jet2 and see what happens.

Courts have indeed been a bit jumpy about including compensation for adult passengers who don't claim themselves so Jet2's 'put off' has some basis but getting your fellow passengers ok should sort that. Good luck.
  • Charlene6 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently have been in contact with Jet 2 regarding compensation for my flight which was delayed by over 3 hours on 5th September 2015. The were delayed by about an hour before we were even allowed on the plane and then upon boarding the plane we were told that there was a fault with the door, we then waited just under 2 hours on the plane where the cabin crew and the pilot repeatedly explained that we were delayed due to a fault with the door. The engineer's managed to fix the door and we were on our way. Upon arriving at Dalaman airport we were over 3 hours late.

I initially contacted Jet 2 who got back to me saying that the delay was an extraordinary circumstance and therefore they wouldn't be paying compensation. I replied again stating that we were told the delay was due to a technical fault and as the new ruling states from the previous court case - a techincal fault is not an extraordinary circumstance. I also contacted the Civil Aviation Authority and asked them to look into the case for me.

I received an e-mail back from the CAA who advised that upon looking into my case they have found no extraordinary circumstances for the delay and have advised Jet 2 that they are liable to pay the compensation. Unfortunately as they are not an ombudsman they can't force Jet 2 to pay the compensation claim. I therefore contacted Jet 2 AGAIN and copied in the correspondence from the CAA. I received a letter back from Jet 2 at the weekend again stating that the delay was due to air traffic control restrictions (which is not true) and they would not be paying compensation!!

I know the next step would be a small claims court however i do not want to be out of money for this. I feel angry that Jet 2 are refusing this claim even when the CAA have advised they should be paying out.

Why are they getting away with this??

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update on my case as detailed above. Jet 2 are still denying responsibility. I passed the matter over to Bott Online and the case is now being taken to Liverpool County Court.

Fingers crossed, I will let you know the outcome.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Charlene6 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update on my case as detailed above. Jet 2 are still denying responsibility. I passed the matter over to Bott Online and the case is now being taken to Liverpool County Court.

Fingers crossed, I will let you know the outcome.

Hi,
    Bott and Co will sort J2 out again, they have a very good record against them.
    Particularly when J2 Insist on fighting lost causes which they obviously cannot win.
    Just hope the CAA are noting that they are up to their old tricks again.
    Good luck, not that I think you need it.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh no what have I done? Booked a flight with Jet2 in January :shocked:

Maybe I'll get to go on the new plane!;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    JPears wrote: »

Tut tut tut,

Very unlikely from Leeds, if that's where you're flying from.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • NoviceAngel
    JPears wrote: »

I'm sure they'll reserve their very best for you JP ;)

Sometimes you have no choice but to fly J2 there's a lack of carriers from LBA.

I must admit I flew to Jersey last year with Flybe and paid more than if I'd have flown with J2 I just couldn't book with them, but when Ryanair cancelled my Barcelona flight I had to use Jet2 there was very little choice. Sometimes you've got to bite your tongue and try and leave the past behind.

Tyzap, have you flown with them since your case?
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Alas the times to Geneva were better than Easyjet. I may live to regret it...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    I'm sure they'll reserve their very best for you JP ;)

Sometimes you have no choice but to fly J2 there's a lack of carriers from LBA.

I must admit I flew to Jersey last year with Flybe and paid more than if I'd have flown with J2 I just couldn't book with them, but when Ryanair cancelled my Barcelona flight I had to use Jet2 there was very little choice. Sometimes you've got to bite your tongue and try and leave the past behind.

Tyzap, have you flown with them since your case?

No, not once.

I have plenty of choice from MAN so they are EASY to avoid!

In southern Spain at the moment but came on Ryanair, they have been very punctual recently.
  • NoviceAngel
    Tyzap wrote: »
    No, not once.

I have plenty of choice from MAN so they are EASY to avoid!

In southern Spain at the moment but came on Ryanair, they have been very punctual recently.

Enjoy your break away, mines next Feb going transatlantic for the first time going from MAN to MCO and no not to Disney! I'm being an old fart and getting a cruise from Port Canaveral.

Never done it before so will be a first, I'm not looking forward to the flight but at least looking on the up side it's with Virgin, and not J2. (I'm deliberately avoiding the Virgin thread)

Then I won't be going anywhere for a while until my credit card recovers

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure